Aging quotes223 aging quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Love & Sex
- From the movie: Peter Pan
“Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience... and pimples.”
- From the movie: City Slickers
“By your eighties, you've had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can't stand but who you call mama.”
“As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't.”
“It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.”
- From the movie: Death Becomes Her
- From the movie: The Freshman
“I'm getting too old for this nonsense.”
- From the movie: guardian, the
“I look and feel this way, well cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat and screwed my way thorough a pretty damn good life. Getting old ain't bad. Getting old, that's earned.”
- From the movie: Gossip
“Nice people don't live life. I don't wanna go through all my days being all sweet and polite and then realize, when I'm 80, that I'm just some nice dead person.”
- From the movie: An Ideal Husband
“- Lord Caversham: You are 36.
- Lord Arthur Goring: Shh! Father! I only admit to 32.”
- From the movie: Beverly Hills Cop
“- Det. Billy Rosewood: Wow. You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he's got five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels.
- Sgt. Taggart: Why are you telling me this? What makes you think I have any interest in that at all?
- Det. Billy Rosewood: Well, you eat a lot of red meat.”
- From the movie: No Country For Old Men
“Age will flatten a man.”
- From the movie: Dogma
“Faith is like a glass of water. When you're young, the glass is small, and it's easy to fill up. But the older you get, the bigger the glass gets, and the same amount of liquid doesn't fill it anymore. Periodically, the glass has to be refilled.”
- From the movie: Peter Pan
“- Peter Pan: We have fun, don't we? I taught you to fly and to fight. What more could there be?
- Wendy Darling: There is so much more.
- Peter Pan: What? What else is there?
- Wendy Darling: I don't know. I guess it becomes clearer when you grow up.”
- From the movie: Of Mice and Men
“I wish somebody'd shoot me when I get old.”
- From the animation: The Polar Express
- From the movie: Once Upon a Time in America
“Age can wither me, Noodles. We're both getting old. All that we have left now are our memories.”
- From the movie: Naked
“- Jeremy: Do you ever think about suicide?
- Masseuse: No!
- Jeremy: I'm going to commit suicide. When I'm thirty.
- Masseuse: Why?
- Jeremy: I don't want to get old, do you?”
- From the movie: Bubba Ho-Tep
- Callie: Why would you want to leave all that fame, Mr. Presley? All that money?
- Elvis Presley: I don't know. 'Cause they got old. The woman I loved, Priscilla, she was gone. The rest of the women... were just women. I mean, the music wasn't even mine anymore. Hell, I wasn't even me anymore, just this thing they made up. And my "friends"...... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Roadside Prophets
“You want life to mean something, and be real and stuff. But then you just get old... and get a job.”
- From the movie: Get Smart
- From the movie: The Hurt Locker
“The older you get, the fewer things you really love, and by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things.”
- From the movie: Amélie