Mother quotes587 mother quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Most mothers will tell you their children are a gift from God. Most mothers would also tell you that the gifts their children give them are less than heavenly. ”
“I love meeting people’s moms. It’s like reading an instruction manual as to why they’re nuts.”
“Daughters are better at taking care of their mothers than sons.”
“A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.”
“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss, at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.”
“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”
“My own mother thought I was a monster. She was right of course… but it still hurt.”
“If a mother doesn’t protect her children, who will?”
“My mother always said that silence can be the loudest thing. But she never shut the fuck up.”
“You used to be a little person who did what I said.”
“Belle-Papa, do you think I’m odd?
Maurice-Odd? My daughter, odd? Where did you get an idea like that?
Belle-I don’t know. People talk.
Maurice-This is a small village, you know. Small minded as well. But small also means safe. Even back in Paris, I knew a girl like you, who was so ahead of her time. So different. People mocked her. Until the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“ My son was born in 1964. He grew up with a meaningless war, with protests, with Nixon, with nice cars and nice houses, computers, drugs, boredom. I know him less every day.”
“Bobbi-Your hair looks terrible.
Bobbi-Well, it just sits there like, meh. You could wear it with some style. You’re not in the army anymore.
Ava-Well, I don’t have anyone to impress.”
“- Medora Slone: What did it feel like to shoot that female wolf?
- Russell Core: It felt awful. But... I really had no choice. Even though she'd taken a child, too?
- Medora Slone: Because you think it's the natural order?
- Russell Core: The natural order doesn't warrant revenge. They're not what you think, Mrs. Slone. What happened here is......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Norman Bates: It's not like my mother is a maniac or a raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
- Marion Crane: Yes. Sometimes just one time can be enough.”
“- Marion Crane: Do you go out with friends?
- Norman Bates: A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“- Mrs. Restes: You'll miss my wedding!
- Jimmy Foster: Mother, I have never missed one of your weddings.
- Mrs. Restes: Yes, you did. My first one.”
“After I first met my mom she couldn’t pronounce my identify. My father prompt that they rename me. They picked Luce, which suggests mild.”
“- Lora Meredith: Now, just a moment, young lady! It's only because of my ambition that you've had the best of everything. And that's a solid achievement that any mother can be proud of!
- Susie, age 16: And how about a mother's love?
- Lora Meredith: Love? But you've always had that!
- Susie, age 16: Yes, by telephone, by postcard, by magazine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've had a very supportive mother my entire life, so I've had strong women around me.”
“- Princess Aouda: Have there been any women in his life?
- Passepartout: I assume he had a mother, but I am not certain.”