Humphrey Bogart quotes
“- O'Hara: I give you my word, I feel to you like an older brother. Oh, it's not so much a difference of age. It's probably, yes, the reason is, because I come from a culture which is so much older than yours. In my country, a child of 6 years old is older in his heart than you'll be at, at 60.
- Billy Dannreuther: It smokes, it drinks, it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ahmed: Your demands are very great, under the circumstances.
- Billy Dannreuther: Why shouldn't they be? Fat Gut's my best friend, and I will not betray him cheaply.”
“- Peterson: You mean Mrs. Chelm is an unqualified liar?
- Billy Dannreuther: Well, let's say she uses her imagination rather than her memory.”
“Nothin' a man can't do if he sets his mind to it. Never say die. That's my motto!”
“It's a great thing to have a lady aboard with clean habits. It sets the man a good example. A man alone, he gets to living like a hog.”
“There ain't nothing so complicated as the inside of a torpedo.”
“- Charlie Allnut: What are you being so mean for, Miss? A man takes a drop too much once in a while, it's only human nature.
- Rose Sayer: Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above.”
“- Charlie Allnut: How'd you like it?
- Rose Sayer: Like it?
- Charlie Allnut: White water rapids!
- Rose Sayer: I never dreamed...
- Charlie Allnut: I don't blame you for being scared - not one bit. Nobody with good sense ain't scared of white water...
- Rose Sayer: I never dreamed that any mere physical experience could be so stimulating!”
“One thing in the world I hate: leeches. Filthy little devils.”
“I've had a lot of experience in matters of this kind. I've killed dozens of people... in pictures.”
“- Dixon Steele: You annoy me!
- Laurel Gray: If I do, it isn't intentional.”
“- Brub Nicolai: You know, I got married.
- Dixon Steele: Why?
- Brub Nicolai: Oh, I don't know. I guess she had a couple of bucks to spare.”
“- Dixon Steele: Oh, I love a picnic. Acres and acres of sand and all of it in your food.
- Laurel Gray: Stop griping. Just lie still and inhale.
- Dixon Steele: What, sand?
- Laurel Gray: No, air - and don't let it go to your head.”
“- Frances Randolph: Do you look down on all women or just the ones you know?
- Dixon Steele: I was pretty nice to you.
- Frances Randolph: No, not to me. But you were pretty nice.”
“I grant you, the jokes could've been better, but I don't see why the rest should worry you - that is, unless you plan to arrest me on lack of emotion.”
“- Laurel Gray: I love the love scene - it's very good.
- Dixon Steele: Well that's because they're not always telling each other how much in love they are. A good love scene should be about something else besides love. For instance, this one. Me fixing grapefruit. You sitting over there, dopey, half-asleep. Anyone looking at us could tell we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mildred Atkinson: Before I started to go to work at Paul's, I used to think that actors made up their own lines.
- Dixon Steele: When they get to be big stars, they usually do.”
“- Dixon Steele: Go ahead and get some sleep and we'll have dinner together tonight.
- Laurel Gray: We'll have dinner tonight. But not together.”
“I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.”
“There's no sacrifice too great for a chance at immortality.”
“- Howard: We've wounded this mountain. It's our duty to close her wounds. It's the least we can do to show our gratitude for all the wealth she's given us. If you guys don't want to help me, I'll do it alone.
- Curtin: You talk about that mountain like it was a real woman.
- Dobbs: She's been a lot better to me than any woman I ever knew. Keep...” (continue)(continue reading)