Maggie Gyllenhaal quotes
“You're not going to do good work if you're not choosing something because it inspires you.”
“- Bruce Wayne: You know that day that you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It's coming.
- Rachel Dawes: Bruce. You can't ask me to wait for that.
- Bruce Wayne: It's happening now. Harvey is that hero. He locked up half of the city's criminals, and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face.”
“I think sex is very interesting for most people, but I'm interested in sex as a way of communication, I'm not that interested in the fantasy version of a sex scene.”
“- Giselle Levy: Whatever you do, don't put the boss's wife next to your husband.
- Betty Warren: Why not?
- Giselle Levy: She's screwing him.”
“- Mr. Grey: We can't do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Lee Holloway: Why not?”
“- Finnerty: There's a series of tunnels. JFK used them to sneak Marilyn Monroe in.
- Cale: I thought that was a myth.”
“- Cale: Is my credit score on there?
- Finnerty: Yes, and you should be ashamed of yourself.”
“Oh, I made a lot of mistakes. I'm just trying not to make 'em twice.”
“You want a successful future? When a guy with tattoos comes up to the drive-thru, give him his burger, not your phone number.”
“- Elizabeth Darko: You can go suck a fuck.
- Donnie Darko: How exactly does one suck a fuck?”
“In one way or another, I've always suffered. I didn't know why, exactly. But I do know that I'm not so scared of suffering now. I feel more than I've ever felt, and I've found someone to feel with, to play with, to love, in a way that feels right for me.”
“Pain is pleasure! Slavery is freedom! Suicide for Satan!”
“I slipped and cut too deep. I'm not sure how I could have misjudged. I've been doing it since seventh grade.”