Acceptance quotes159 acceptance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: The Perfect Score
“You weren't great at being some girl's boyfriend. You just found someone who would let you be ok with yourself.”
- From the movie: In America
“- Johnny: Why would you wanna be the same as everybody else?
- Ariel: 'Cause everybody else goes trick-or-treating. It's what they do here for Halloween.”
- From the movie: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
“- Tommy Gnosis: Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour?
- Hedwig: No, but I love his work.”
- From the movie: St. Vincent
- Terry, the Banker: It is what it is.
- Vincent: "It is what it is"? Everyone's saying that now. You know what it means? You're screwed, and you shall remain screwed.
- From the movie: That Uncertain Feeling
“I probably have too much sympathy for Mr. Brown and not enough patience with Mrs. Brown. We get cases like that every day. The wife is bored; marriage is just a habit. But on the other hand, she accepts everything her husband gives her.”
- From the movie: The Star
“- Angel: Fear not, for you have been favored by God to conceive and bear a son.
- Mary: A... a son? But how?
- Angel: The Holy Spirit will overshadow you, and the child will be called the Son of God, for nothing is impossible with God.
- Mary: Thank you. Do I say thank you? I mean, yes. Let it be done just as you say.”
- From the movie: The Tourist
- From the movie: Sunshine
“Never give up your religion. Not for God. God is present in all religions. But if your life becomes a struggle for acceptance, you'll always be unhappy.”
- From the movie: Hilary and Jackie
“I've given you everything. Ever since we were little, everything you've asked for I've said yes.”
- From the movie: Kill Bill: Volume 2
“Remember: no sarcasm, no backtalk. At least not for the first year or so. You're gonna have to let him warm up to you. He hates Caucasians, despises Americans, and has nothing but contempt for women, so in your case... it might take a little while. Adiós.”
- From the movie: Accepted
“Rejection. That's what makes a college great. The exclusivity of any university is judged primarily by the amount of students it rejects.”
- From the movie: The Mission
“- Cabeza: I cannot and will not accept a challenge from a priest. His cloth protects him.
- Rodrigo Mendoza: My cloth protects you!”
- From the movie: How to Deal
“You have to learn to walk. You have to learn to talk. You have to wear that totally ridiculous hat your grandma bought you. And when you get a little older, even though you get to choose your hats, you don't get to choose what they put in those meatballs in the cafeteria, or when to fall in love. Sometimes things happens and you just have to deal.”
- From the movie: Jobs
“When you grow up, you tend to get told the world is the way that it is, and your life is just to live your life inside the world and try not to bash into the walls too much. But that's a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact. And that is that everything around you that you call life, was made up by people...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Swimming with Sharks
“Your job is unfair to you? Grow up, way it goes. People use you? Life's unfair? Grow up, way it goes. Your girlfriend doesn't love you? Tough shit, way it goes. Your wife gets raped and shot, and they leave their unfinished beers, their... their stinking longnecks just lying there on the gr - So be it. Way it goes.”
- From the movie: The Godfather Part III
“I must accept my age, and grow my olives and tomatoes.”
- From the movie: Half Past Dead
“My destiny is in God's hands. I'm cool with that.”
- From the movie: The Man with Bogart's Face
“- Gena: I'm prepared to offer you $500.
- Sam Marlow: I'm prepared to accept it.”
- From the movie: War Dogs
“Everyone's fighting over the same pie and ignoring the crumbs. I live off crumbs.”
- From the movie: A Sound of Thunder
- From the movie: A Good Year
“Convinced that death, like all tradesmen, would be unable to find my front door, and always having believed wills to be an open invitation to the reaper.”
- From the movie: Nightcrawler
“Making peace with what you don't have, living with what you ain't got.”
- La trovi in Life and Death in Hollywood
- From the movie: Waterloo Bridge
“If I don't feel sorry for myself, who will?”
- From the movie: Ishtar
“It takes a lot of nerve to have nothing at your age, don't you understand that? Most guys'd be ashamed, but you've got the guts to just say 'to hell with it'. You say that you'd rather have nothing than settle for less, understand?”