Acceptance quotes159 acceptance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Yoda: Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is.
- Anakin Skywalker: What must I do, Master Yoda?
- Yoda: Train yourself to let go... of everything you fear to lose.”
- From the movie: Avatar
- From the movie: The Phantom of the Opera
“There is nothing that you could ask for that I would refuse.”
- From the movie: 3:10 to Yuma
“Sometimes a man has to be big enough to see how small he is.”
- From the movie: No Country For Old Men
A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "Ok, I'll be part of this world".
- From the movie: 21 Grams
“If someone strikes you on your right cheek, turn your other to him also.”
- From the movie: guardian, the
“The only difference between you and me is that I don't wear the ones I lost on my arm. I know where you are Jake. I'm there myself. I ask myself everyday why I was the one who survived.”
- From the movie: American Wedding
- Jim Levenstein: Maybe we should give him a chance. You know, I think... I think that underneath all the "fucks" and "shits" and "blow me's", there's a very sensitive person who's just thirsty for acceptance. That's... that's what I think.
- Michelle Flaherty: Oh, Jim... you gotta stop masturbating... it's melting your brain.
- From the movie: X: First Class
- From the movie: Waterloo Bridge
“You should let the future catch up with you more slowly.”
- From the movie: Fallen
“Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.”
- From the movie: Stiff Upper Lips
“The bushiness of his eyebrows is more than twice the socially acceptable level.”
- From the movie: Sliding Doors
- From the movie: Charlie Wilson's War
“- Gust Avrakotos: Promises were made!
- Cravely: Not by me.”
- From the movie: Hairspray
“This heart only beats for size 60.”
- From the movie: Lucas
- From the movie: West Side Story
- From the movie: The First Great Train Robbery
“- Pierce: There. He's your son.
- Agar: I don't have no son!
- Pierce: Louisa says he's your son.
- Agar: Louisa! She wouldn't know, would she? Is that him? He's not my son! He's too ugly to be my son!”
- From the movie: The President's Man
“You don't look for the negative side in a man, you look for his positive side, and second, just because he doesn't do things the way you would have them done, that doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong.”
- From the movie: Kiki's Delivery Service
- From the movie: Away From Her
“The only thing that separates one kind of person from another is there are some who stay angry about it and there are some who... accept what comes their way.”
- From the movie: Before Sunrise
“I think that if I could just accept the fact that my life is supposed to be difficult. You know, that's what to be expected, then I might not get so pissed-off about it and I'll just be glad when something nice happens.”
- From the movie: A Perfect World
- From the movie: Dead Poets Society
- From the movie: Blade
“You can't keep denying what you are, man. You think the humans will ever accept a half-breed like you? They can't. They're afraid of you. And they should be. You're an animal, you're a fuckin' maniac!”