Job quotes1082 job quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: The Birds
“- Melanie Daniels: On Mondays and Wednesdays I work for the Travelers Aid at the airport.
- Mitch Brenner: Helping travelers?
- Melanie Daniels: No, misdirecting them.”
- From the TV Series: Ratched
“I sent a man to do what was clearly a woman’s job.”
- La trovi in Actors in real life
“Life is more important than 'what film I do next.'”
- From the movie: Murder She Said
“A policeman's work is never done.”
“Careers very rarely are a waste of time; jobs usually are.”
“An actor's job is to entertain and I'm glad to say that my films succeeded in that respect.”
“In terms of jobs, I'm an actor. There's gotta' be depth there. I'd never say yes to something just to play the hot guy. That's not what I'm interested in.”
- From the movie: Touch of Evil
- From the movie: Game Night
“- Annie: A guy who rents a house this big must be making up for something pretty small, I'd say.
- Max: No no, I've seen his dick, it's pretty great.
- Annie: Well, I tried.”
“My job is to express myself.”
- From the movie: Avengers: Infinity War
“- Dr. Stephen Strange: If we don't do our jobs...
- Tony Stark: What is your job, exactly, besides making balloon animals?
- Dr. Stephen Strange: Protecting your reality, douchebag.”
- From the movie: Singin' in the Rain
“Not every job is a good job.”
- From the movie: Brawl in Cell Block 99
“- Lauren Thomas: You're gonna be a drug dealer?
- Bradley Thomas: No. I'm gonna drive packages for a friend.”
- From the movie: In A Lonely Place
“- Carina Smyth: My calculations are precise and true. I'm not just an astronomer. I'm also a horologist.
- Captain Jack Sparrow: No shame in that, dear. We all have to make a living.
- Carina Smyth: No, I'm a horologist.
- Scrum: So was my mum. Although she didn't crow about it quite as loud as you.”
- From the movie: The Third Man
“- Calloway: Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.
- Martins: Mind if I use that line in my next Western?”
- From the movie: Love Happy
“- Faustino the Great: How long you study music?
- Mr. Lyons: Fifteen years.
- Faustino the Great: Fifteen. You know, two more years you could've been a plumber?”
- From the movie: Fort Apache
“Gentlemen, I did not seek this command, but since it's been assigned me, I intend to make this regiment the finest on the frontier. I fully realize that prolonged duty in a small outpost can lead to carelessness... and inefficiency and laxity in dress and deportment. I call it to your attention that only one of you has reported here this morning...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Fort Apache
“- Captain York: I'm Captain Yorke, sir. I bid you welcome, General Thursday.
- Lt. Col. Owen Thursday: I'm not a general, Captain. A man is what he's paid for. I'm paid in the rank of Lt. Colonel.
- Captain York: I'd remembered you as a general from the war, sir.”
- From the movie: Force of Evil
“Joe, you usually know what you're doing. But it's one thing to represent Tucker legally - as his lawyer, I mean. I mean, it's the business of lawyers to protect a lot of people. They even teach that at Harvard.”
- From the movie: Gentleman's Agreement
- From the movie: The Southerner
“- Tim: Hey, would you be interested in coming to work in the factory with me?
- Sam Tucker: Are you crazy? What would I do in a factory? I'm a farmer.”
- From the movie: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
“- Deckard Shaw: This job requires stealth. Look at you.
- Luke Hobbs: I'm trying to save the world, which, for the record, will be my fourth time. 'Cause I'm really good at it.”
- From the movie: Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
“- Allen Kincade: So, uh, Rick, explain to the audience exactly what it is a stunt double does.
- Rick Dalton: Well, actors are required to do a lot of dangerous stuff. Say Jake Cahill gets shot off his horse. Now, can I fall off a horse? Yes, I can. Yes, I have. But say I fall off wrong and I sprain my wrist or twist my ankle. Now, that can put...” (continue)(continue reading)