Taxes quotes51 taxes quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sally helps me with my accounts. I have no head for figures at all. I’m trying desperately to save some money, you know I told you. I just can’t seem to. He makes me write down everything in there. What I get, what I spend. I used to have a checking account. He made me get rid of that. He feels, for me anyway, that it’s better to operate on a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Washington, and all of us, are gravely concerned over this growing contempt for taxes. Agents are herewith directed to discourage non-compliance through investigation, prosecution, and other statutory actions within our broad authority.”
“- Jack Morrison: It's been seven years since my last confession.
- Lenny Richter: Seven years is a long time.
- Jack Morrison: Yes, father.
- Lenny Richter: All right, where do we start; theft, robbery, fraud, taxes?
- Jack Morrison: Well, you know...
- Lenny Richter: Taxes? Always taxes... How about sex? Impure thoughts?”
“So they don't like the salt tax? Double it!”
“He defrauded the American government of $56 million while we were at war, when we could least afford it. While brave men were dying on the beaches of Normandy, Mr. Hughes was picking the pocket of the American taxpayer.”
“Families are inevitable, they're like death or taxes.”
“Taxes are the lifeblood of this nation. Collecting taxes is a thankless job. As officers and agents of the Internal Revenue Service, we are more than just an arm of the government. We are the heart and hands of the United States Treasury. There are, however, an increasing number who willfully disregard their obligation, resist the payment of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Swigert: Uh, well, if anyone from the, uh, from the IRS is watching, I... forgot to file my, my, my 1040 return. Um, I meant to do it today, but, uh...
- Sy Liebergot: That's no joke. They'll jump on him!”
“What is it, gambling? Drugs? You know I'd really like to help you but I'm kind of tapped out this month. The IRS is coming down on me like it's some personal vendetta against Bobby Finstock.”
“- Matt Hunter: Tell me something John, what are you going to do when the social security people find out you've been moonlighting?
- John Eagle: Ain't found out about my air boat business. Been doing it for 40 years.
- Matt Hunter: That's probably because you haven't made a profit in the last thirty-nine.”
“- Ernie: You're a fool, Johnson. I'm the United States Treasury, what are you?
- Harry Johnson: I'm...
- Ernie: You can't beat the United States government, Johnson. Not in a million years. The taxes will be paid. We'll get it one way, we get it another. But we will get it.”
“- Judge: Mrs. Malnorowski, there is no smoking in this courtoom.
- Hatchet's Mother: I pay taxes on cigarettes, don't I? And what do I get for those taxes? Happiness? Hell no! I get tuberculosis!”
“- Drew: And who would've thought... you, an IRS agent.
- Joe Black: Death and taxes.”
“We're on another useless joyride at the cost of mere millions to the US taxpayer.”
“I'm challenging the right of the IRS to destroy people, people like Beverly Paine. The God that gave us life gave us liberty at the same time. I think that most of you people will understand what I'm doing today. It's time to keep those liberties alive. I declare war on the IRS, and all the little men who have become their tyrants.”
“- Max Conners: I've assumed my husband always filed the tax return.
- Gloria Vogal: Which one?”
“- Chili Palmer: I never thought you'd be this dumb leaving three hundred grand in a bag in the closet under an extra blanket but I guess you are.
- Leo Devoe: I didn't know where to put it where would you?
- Chili Palmer: How about a bank?
- Leo Devoe: They'd report it to the IRS.
- Chili Palmer: You don't open an account you put it in a safety...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bud: Credit is a sacredtrust, it's what our free society is founded on. Do you think they give a damn about their bills in Russia? I said, do you think they give a damn about their bills in Russia?
- Otto: They don't pay bills in Russia, it's all free.
- Bud: All free? Free my ass. What are you, a fuckin' commie? Huh?
- Otto: No, I ain't no...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Even businessmen, who rob and cheat and steal from people everyday, even they have to pay taxes.”
“I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I...” (continue)(continue reading)