Discovery quotes68 discovery quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no one has gone before.”
“- Smee: I've just had an apostrophe.
- Captain Hook: I think you mean an epiphany.
- Smee: Lightning has just struck my brain.
- Captain Hook: Well, that must hurt.”
“I've learned along the way you can discover more by allowing yourself to be surprised by what you encounter.”
“- Alice Keach: The painting, when will we be able to see all of it?
- Birkin: I don't know. It's a bit like a jigsaw. A face, a shoe, here a bit, there a bit. It comes together very slowly, if it comes together at all. Of course, after... 500 years I can't be sure what I'll find.
- Alice Keach: But that's the exciting part, isn't it? Not knowing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick: Honey, did I ever mention Hallie was a twin?
- Meredith: No, as a matter of fact, you didn't. Two of them?!? How fabulous.
- Hallie: Don't feel bad, Mer, he never mentioned it to me, either. Imagine My surprise. By the way, I'm the real Hallie. This is Annie. She was just pretending to be me while I was in London pretending to be her....” (continue)(continue reading)
“We've unmasked madmen, Watson, wielding scepters. Reason run riot. Justice howling at the moon.”
“Even now, after twenty-five years of intensive research, we feel there is a great deal still to be done. We have made many discoveries. Pierre Curie and the suggestions we have found in his notes, and his thoughts he expressed to me have helped to guide us to them. But no one of us can do much. Yet, each of us, perhaps, can catch some gleam of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We've just discovered the most wonderful, the most marvelous poisinous gas. It will kill everybody.”
“- Josh: I just discovered something really bad that I have to tell you about.
- Sam: I already know you're a homo.”
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: What the hell is it?
- Captain Harold C. Barnes: Whatever it is it seems to be what this bird was designed to do. Go out in the space and gather things like this up and bring it back.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Yeah, but back from where?
- Dr. Harry Adams: Don't get too excited, Ted turn this thing over and it'll probably say ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Max the Computer: Good Morning Dr. Stark. Check out the observation window for a heavy revelation. This looks like a red letter day for you, Doc. It's an unknown and undiscovered planet and it looks like you discovered it, Doc.
- Dr. Stark: An unknown and undiscovered planet and I discovered it!”
“Sometimes the best way to move into the unknown is to take familiar steps, small steps.”
“- Heathcliff: Why are your eyes always empty?
- Isabella: They're not empty, if you'd only look deeper. Look at me. I'm pretty. I'm a woman and I love you. You're all of life to me. Let me be a single breath of it for you.”
“- Cross: Wesley, listen to me...
- Wesley: Shut the fuck up. You don't get to talk to me. You don't get to talk to me!
- Cross: Everything they told you... was a lie. You're my son.”
“You will never know love unless you surrender to it.”
“- Annie: Hallie, what was your mother like?
- Hallie: I never met her. She and my Dad split up when I was a baby, maybe even before, I'm not sure. He doesn't really like to talk about her... but I know she was really beautiful.
- Annie: How do you know that?
- Hallie: Because my dad had this old picture of her hidden in his sock drawer and he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Papa Mousekewitz: Mr. Curious, you've discovered the herring.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Herring? I thought they were fish.
- Papa Mousekewitz: But Fievel, herring are fish.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Really, Papa?
- Papa Mousekewitz: Yes! In the ocean, there are many kinds of fish, and herring is one of them. Tiny fishes, not so tiny fishes, fishes as...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Peter: I'd be careful with those fat-free chips - they cause anal leakage.
- Roger: You cause anal leakage.
- Peter: It says so on the bag.
- Roger: What kind of marketing braniac puts anal leakage on his product? How can they even sell that crap?”
“- Chessy: You sure there's nothing you want to talk to me about? Like maybe why Sammy never comes near you anymore or why your appetite's suddenly changed or why all of a sudden you're neat as a pin and using expressions like, 'You gave me a fright.
- Annie: Chessy, I changed a lot over the summer, that's all.
- Chessy: If I didn't know better,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Harry Booth: The authorities would still consider that an act of piracy, Doctor.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: What would you have said, Mr. Booth, if the authorities would have called back Columbus just before he discovered the new world? You wouldn't even exist. I'm about to prove to you - that the end justify the means.”