Football quotes76 football quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“They have lots of body parts. Arms and legs and hands, from hospitals and medical schools. And do you know where they store 'em? Right underneath the football field. So while it's fine and dandy to have 100,000 fans cheering for you, the bodies you should be worried about are the ones right under the turf. Set to poke up through the ground and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anyone can cook aloo gobi, but who can bend a ball like Beckham?”
“- General Hager: Let me make this clear for you and your pack of freaks. I'm the quarterback, you're on my team. But I guess you didn't play football in high school, did you, Richards?
- Reed Richards: You're right. I didn't. I stayed in and studied like a good little nerd. And fifteen years later, I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joe Pendleton: I'm starting against Dallas? What about Jarrett?
- Max Corkle: They don't want to go with Jarrett. They want to go with you. Happy Birthday, Joe!”
“In America, we have laws. Laws against killing, laws against stealing. And it is just accepted that as a member of American society, you will live by these laws. In West Canaan, Texas, there is another society which has it's own laws. Football is a way of life.”
“- Assistant Coach: Hey ladies, are you gonna be ready to play football this fall? huh?
- Benny O'Donnell: I don't know coach, I've been doin' so well in English I thought I might work on bein' a writer. What do ya think about that?
- Assistant Coach: Boy, you woudln't know how to spell your own name if it wasn't stencilled on your locker.”
“My job is to basically beat the shit out of you for the next 5 days, and whoever is still standing at the end, maybe we'll use for our scout teams. You'll be running the oppositions plays week in and week out. The greatest value to us is we don't care whether you get hurt.”
“They all played football somewhere, not all of them in the pros, but they all have something unique to bring to the game. We're going to try to get these people together and try to put together a winning team. If nothing else, they should be fun to watch.”
“- Lucas: Just give me one chance. One play.
- Coach: Get out of here, I said. Get off of the field.
- Lucas: I'll make you a deal. You have nothing to lose. They're whipping your ass, anyway.
- Coach: Listen to me...
- Lucas: Put me in, I'll never come back, I swear. Just let me play today. You have nothing to lose, just let me in.”
“- Terry Brogan: So what is it you don't like exactly, football players, tacos, or beer?
- Jessie Wyler: I like tacos and beer.”
“- Ted: I just want you to be happy, Mary.
- Mary: But I'd be happier with you.
- Ted: What about Bret Fahvera?
- Mary: What did I tell you the first time we met? I'm a Niners fan!”
“This isn't going to work. You're playing football with a bunch of butlers!”
“- Daniel E. 'Rudy' Ruettiger: Hey this place is really somethin' else huh? Someday I'm gonna come out of that tunnel and I'm gonna run onto this field.
- Fortune: Well, it ain't gonna be this day.”
“Football and drugs. A perfect Saturday afternoon.”
“Every time I call it a business, you call it a game! And every time I call it a game, you call it a business!”
“- John Dixon: I didn't take you for a football fan.
- Steven Carter: I'm not.
- John Dixon: What do you mean, not a... oh.”
“Football is a dyin' beast. No heroes left. Not anymore.”
“- King Marchand: You were all-American! I never saw a rougher, tougher, meaner, sonofabitch football player in all my life.
- 'Squash' Bernstein: Boss, if you didn't want the guys to call you queer, you became a rough tough sonofabitchin' football player.”
“- Lucy Draper: I'm an Armadillo just like the others.
- Manumana: You're an Armadillo, but not like the others.
- Lucy Draper: You're alright Manu.”
“- The Emperor Ming: Klytus! What is he doing?
- Klytus: I don't know, sir! It looks like some kind of barbaric sport!”