Cate Blanchett quotes
“I just don't see myself as the heroine in my own narrative.”
“I think it's so easy to be judgmental of other people's decisions.”
“When something is a vocation, you don't really make a decision about it.”
“- Lady Gertrude Chiltern: It is Robert himself who wishes to retire from public life.
- Lord Arthur Goring: Rather than risk losing your love, he would do anything.”
“The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.”
“- David Duncan: There's a saying about letting sleeping dogs lie. You think you're in danger now? Look at it logically. The real danger begins if this case gets reopened and someone starts worrying that you're gonna have another one of your damn dreams.
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: All I know is the wrong man's in jail. I don't care how awful he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wayne Collins: Is there anything you can tell us?
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: I can read for you. But that's about all I can do.”
“- Lord Arthur Goring: Gertrude, it is not the perfect, but rather the imperfect who have need of love.
- Lady Gertrude Chiltern: You seem to know a great deal about it all of a sudden.
- Lord Arthur Goring: I hope not. All I know, Gertrude, is that it takes great courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it. And even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Belief, Dr. Jones, is a gift you have yet to receive. My sympathies.”
- Spencer Tracy: Trouble with Mr. Hughes?
- Katharine Hepburn: There's too much "Howard Hughes" in Howard Hughes. That's the trouble.
“- Katharine Hepburn: Howard, we're not like everyone else. Too many acute angles. Too many eccentricities. We have to be very careful not to let people in or they'll make us into freaks.
- Howard Hughes: Kate, they can't get in here. We're safe.
- Katharine Hepburn: They can always get in. When my brother killed himself there were photographers...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Elizabeth I: She had such power over men's hearts. They died for her.
- Sir Francis Walsingham: They have found nothing to replace her.”
“- Terry Collins: Kate, I - I'm a desperate man.
- Kate Wheeler: Desperate?
- Terry Collins: Yes.
- Kate Wheeler: You don't know the meaning of the word. Desperate is when you wake up in the morning and you wish you hadn't. It's knowing that every time you get behind the wheel of a car you're only a tree away from ending the empty charade that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's 8:05. I think I'm gonna fuck you by 10:00.”
Me, I keep healthy. I take seven showers a day to keep clean, also because I'm so vulgarly referred to as "outdoors-y". Well, I'm not "outdoors-y", I'm athletic. I sweat! There it is, now we both know the sordid truth: I sweat, and you're deaf.
“- Kate Wheeler: You can't just step in front of a moving car and expect it to stop!
- Terry Collins: Yes you can! I've seen it done!”
- Shelly: It's just... funny, don't yah think, that when you can't afford something, it's like "really expensive" but then when you can afford it, it's like, free? It's kinda backwards, don't yah think?
- Cate: Yeah, well... the world is a bit like that, I guess, in a lot of ways.
“In the old days, we had the rack. Nowadays, we have the press.”