Sir Roger Moore quotes
“My name is Bond, James Bond.”
“- M: May I remind you that this operation was to be conducted discreetly. All it took was six million Francs in damages and penalties for violating most of the Napoleonic Code.
- James Bond: Under the circumstances, sir, I thought it was more important to identify the assassin.”
“- James Bond: You know me?
- Penelope Smallbone: Miss Moneypenny described you.
- Miss Moneypenny: In nauseating detail.
- James Bond: Really?”
“Which bullet has my name on it? The first or the last?”
“- James Bond: I trust you can handle this contraption, Q?
- Q: It goes by hot air.
- James Bond: Oh, then you can.”
“- Major Anya Amasova: You're not trying to take advantage of me, are you?
- James Bond: The thought never crossed my mind.”
“- James Bond: Mortner?
- Chuck Lee: Got a real winner here. His name is actually Hans Glaub, the German pioneer who developed steroids.
- James Bond: That ties him to the horse injection.
- Chuck Lee: During World War II he experimented with steroids on pregnant women in the concentration camps in an attempt to enhance intelligence.”
“- Major Anya Amasova: Did you kill him?
- James Bond: When someone's behind you on skis at 40 miles per hour trying to put a bullet in your back, you don't always have time to remember a face.”
“- James Bond: If we can work out the coordinates of each submarine, then maybe we can reprogram them.
- Captain Benson: To do what?
- James Bond: To destroy each other.”
“- James Bond: What was that for?
- Holly Goodhead: For saving my life.
- James Bond: Remind me to do it more often!”
“- Manuela: They have a warehouse on Carioca Avenue.
- James Bond: I'd like to pay it a discreet visit tonight.
- Manuela: Tonight? I think you may find that a little difficult.
- James Bond: Difficult or not, it's something we have to do. And meanwhile, how do you kill five hours in Rio - if you don't Samba?”
“- Max Zorin: You slept well?
- James Bond: A little restless but I got off eventually.”
“- Log Cabin Girl: Oh, James! I cannot find the words.
- James Bond: Let me try and enlarge your vocabulary.”
“- James Bond: Up to now you are the least lethal and, by far, the prettiest of Kamal's friends that I've come across.
- Magda: Thank you.
- James Bond: So, does he have a proposition for me or - do you?
- Magda: He suggests trade. The egg for you life.
- James Bond: Well, I heard the price of eggs was going up, but, isn't that a little high?”
“The headless chicken can only know where he's been. He can't see where he's going.”
“- Max Zorin: You amuse me, Mr. Bond.
- James Bond: It's not mutual.”
“- James Bond: Where did you recruit all these lovelies?
- Octopussy: There are many of them all over Southeast Asia, looking for a guru, spiritual discipline, who knows what. l train them. Give them a purpose, a sisterhood and a way of life.
- James Bond: In crime?
- Octopussy: In business. I have diversified into shipping, hotels, carnivals and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- James Bond: I traced Smythe to Sri Lanka and gave him 24 hours to clear up his affairs before I took him back. He committed suicide rather than face the disgrace of a court martial. What's the connection?
- Octopussy: He was my father. I'd hoped fate would bring us together one day.
- James Bond: To avenge him?
- Octopussy: To thank you for...” (continue)(continue reading)