Government quotes166 government quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I know a thing or two about predatory behavior, and what once was a legitimate intelligence agency is now being used on weaker governments.”
“Once we decided to act, the government organized to disarm us. But they have never announced that they are going to disarm the Templars.”
“- Roger Clark: If the government wins and we're convicted, the Washington Post as we know it will cease to exist.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, if we live in a world where the government could tell us what we can and cannot print, then the Washington Post as we know it has already ceased to exist.”
“Kids, what happens in the Kremlin stays in the Kremlin.”
“I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic.”
“They took off the shirt of the Autodefensas only to put on the shirt of the government. But they continue to be a mafia.”
“- Maddy: Richard, tell me. Are you an agent?
- Richard: No! But I used to have an agent.
- Maddy: No! No. Do you work for the government? Are you a spy?
- Richard: No, of course not. I'm no more a spy than you're spy.
- Maddy: Richard... I am a spy.
- Richard: You're a spy?”
“I have seen the collapse of government after government, and they all think they can last a thousand years. Each new one always declares the last one criminal and corrupt, and always promises a future of justice and freedom.”
“There isn't a government on this planet that wouldn't kill us all for that thing.”
“- Deke DaSilva: I don't need a vacation.
- Lt. Munafo: Yes, you do. Now, they need someone who knows the local rat holes and you're nominated. Anything goes down, you're the man.
- Deke DaSilva: You mind telling me where this came from?
- Lt. Munafo: From the Commissioner, and he got it from Washington. They're sending a specialist from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.”
“It's not your fault you've been brainwashed by America.”
“I want freedom! That's what I want, and that's what you should want! It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose of just some of the greed, the hatred, the envy, and yes, the insecurities, because that is the central mode of control, make us feel pathetic, small, so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty, our destiny. We have...” (continue)(continue reading)
Over the last ten years, this bloody government has systematically destroyed an entire industry. Our industry. And not just our industry - our communities, our homes, our lives. All in the name of "progress".
“- Samir Horn: Oh, I'm a terrorist?
- Roy Clayton: I don't know you tell me, you've been selling them explosives.
- Samir Horn: Oh, I sell to who can afford to buy it... like the US Government.
- Max Archer: Only ours don't kill innocent people.
- Samir Horn: Oh yeah they do, genius, people just usually have darker skin.”
“- Richard Schlichting: You know the stuff they tell you about, you know, chromosome damage and all that stuff?
- Mel Coplin: Yeah, I do!
- Richard Schlichting: That's government propaganda.”