Government quotes166 government quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Hello, I'm Tom Hanks. The US Government has lost its credibility so it's borrowing some of mine.”
“- John Nichols: When the government turns tyrannical, it is your duty to overthrow it.
- Michael Moore: Why not use Gandhi's way? He didn't have guns, and he beat the British Empire.”
“- Mitch Leary: The irony is so thick you could choke on it.
- Frank Horrigan: There's no fucking irony, Mitch.
- Mitch Leary: Think, Frank. The same government that trained me to kill trained you to protect. Yet now you want to kill me while up on that roof I protected you. They're gonna write books about us, Frank.”
“Everyone is an abused child, if you think about what governments do.”
“If you tell the government they will take forty percent of it. Forty percent! Do you know how much that is? That's nearly all of it.”
“The government's been in bed with the entire telecommunications industry since the forties. They've infected everything. They get into your bank statements, computer files, email, listen to your phone calls... Every wire, every airwave. The more technology used, the easier it is for them to keep tabs on you. It's a brave new world out there. At...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Patrick Mason: All I know is that you were big in Vietnam, I saw the highlights on television.
- General Francis X. Hummel: Then you probably have no idea what it means to lead some of the finest men on God's earth into combat and then watch their memories get betrayed by their own fucking government.”
“- Jack: Cut me some slack, Burt! All I did was a little negotiatin'.
- Burt: You did what?
- Jack: I cut us a deal! You help 'em catch one live Graboid, they give you back your huntin' license, over.”
“You'd think educating children would be more of a priority in this country but you'd be wrong. Government's got better things to spend our money on, like corporate handouts and building bombs.”
“If you mean by patriot, am I angry about taxation without representation, well, yes I am. Should the American colonies govern themselves independently? I believe that they can, and they should. But if you are asking me, am I willing to go to war with England? Well, then the answer is most definately no!”
“Listen to me. Governments they come, they go. But the McDonalds... they last for ever!”
- "Aunt" Beverly: The only way to get to a real court is to pay the money first.
- Harry Johnson: A hundred and ninety thousand dollars?
- "Aunt" Beverly: Then you have to sue the government to get it back.
- Harry Johnson: Well that doesn't seem right.
- "Aunt" Beverly: Well, the way things are and what's right are very seldom the same.
“- Freddie Fallows: Are you political, Mr. Gaines?
- Cecil Gaines: No, sir.
- Freddie Fallows: Good. We have no tolerance for politics at the White House.”
“Governments change... the lies stay the same.”
“Conditions have changed since you left, Don Diego. Your father resigned. Age, you know! Since then, the peons have become more industrious. As to the caballeros. They're encouraged to think of their own affairs. We take care of the government!”
“The reason that Iran-Contra happened is because nobody did anything substantial about Watergate. And the reason that Watergate happened is that there were no consequences from the Bay of Pigs. They are all the same operatives, didn't you notice? The foot soldiers in the Bay of Pigs, the plumbers that got busted at Watergate, the gunrunners in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Renfield: I think they're from the government.
- Dracula: How do you know?
- Renfield: They're wearing shoes.”