Government quotes166 government quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The government took my home.”
“There is historically nothing more corrosive to the morale of a population than policing its own citizens, but the enemy would be sadly mistaken if they were to doubt our resolve.”
“This whole goddamn program is off the shelf. Do you really think for one second those wimps at the Pentagon... would allow the regeneration of dead soldiers, American soldiers?”
“- President Thomas J. Whitmore: I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?
- Julius Levinson: You don't actually think they spend $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?”
“- Ernie: You're a fool, Johnson. I'm the United States Treasury, what are you?
- Harry Johnson: I'm...
- Ernie: You can't beat the United States government, Johnson. Not in a million years. The taxes will be paid. We'll get it one way, we get it another. But we will get it.”
“These people are the dregs, Jack. Not even the governments can control them!”
“I'm challenging the right of the IRS to destroy people, people like Beverly Paine. The God that gave us life gave us liberty at the same time. I think that most of you people will understand what I'm doing today. It's time to keep those liberties alive. I declare war on the IRS, and all the little men who have become their tyrants.”
“My father, gentlemen, claims that the government has neither wisdom nor humanity. I will then consider it my duty as my father's son to bring both wisdom and humanity to the United states' Congress. I thank you for your blessing, father.”
“I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad.”
“- Dist. Atty. Ira J. Parks: Is this a gag?
- Fred: This is a government agency... you know we don't have a sense of humor.”
“- Gene Watson: I'm an accountant.
- Mr. Huey: Well, don't denigrate yourself, my friend. Where would the government be without accountants, huh? They wouldn't know how hard they could squeeze us until we popped. Isn't that right?”
“It's in the area of narcotics, Mr. Reynard, that the government tramples on the Fourth Amendment.”
“No matter how strange or despicable you act, I can do one better, because I work for the government!”
“- Frank Canton: Mr. Champion, my grandfather was the Secretary of War to Harrison. His brother was the governor of the state of New York. My brother-in-law is Secretary of State. And to you, I represent the full authority of the government of the United States and the President.
- Nathan D. Champion: Fuck him too.”
“You can't ask government to be infallible, but you can ask it to be accountable.”
An Italian premier, just was just after Mussolini, was asked, "Is it difficult to govern Italians?". He said, "Difficult. No, not difficult. Only useless".