Government quotes166 government quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one.”
“No matter what system of government we have, there will always be leaders and always be followers.”
“I don't love the government, but I do love my country.”
“An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.”
“- Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
- Mr. Bernard Abbott: We are the United States Government! We don't do that sort of thing.
- Bishop: You're just gonna have to try.
- Mr. Bernard Abbott: All right, I'll see what I can do.
- Whistler: Thank you very much. That's all I ask.”
“- Judy Witwicky: I think that if there really was some kind of alien infestation the Government would be the first to tell us.
- Ron Witwicky: This is America.
- Judy Witwicky: That's how we know we're in a free country. There's no secrets.”
“We're both orphans, James. But while your parents had the luxury of dying in a climbing accident, mine survived the British betrayal and Stalin's execution squads. My father couldn't let himself or my mother live with the shame. MI6 figured I was too young to remember. And in one of life's little ironies, the son went to work for the government...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cpl. Jefferson: The Pentagon called, sir.
- Col. John T. Hall: Pentagon? How did they get my number?”
“It is not there to protect religion from the grasp of government but to protect our government from the grasp of religious fanaticism.”
“- Tugger: What in the holy hell was he doing with a paper-shredder this big?
- Stuart: Well, he worked for the government, didn't he?”
“The government can spend all kinds of money teaching you how to be a fearless test pilot, but they don't spend a god-damned thing teaching you how to be the fearless wife of a fearless test pilot.”
“- Jack Potter: Who was it?
- Skinny Woman: We're talking about... Washington.
- Marty Mackenzie: My God, what, the governments involved?
- Skinny Woman: No, George Washintgon. That's right! The kid who couldn't tell a lie. Shocked? So was I. He's livin' right up in that old mine up on the hill. Him and Elvis and M.L. King and JFK and John Lennon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Natalya Simonova: Who are you?
- James Bond: I work for the British government. The more you tell me the more I can help you.”
“Every so often things happen that can't be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
“- Ruth Lanier: How much do I get for the information I gave you on Waxman?
- Richard Chance: No arrest, no money.
- Ruth Lanier: It's my fault he's dead? It took me six months to get next to him. I got expenses, you know.
- Richard Chance: Guess what? Uncle Sam don't give a shit about your expenses. You want bread, fuck a baker.”