Motive quotes194 motive quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Legal Eagles
“Ladies and gentlemen, Chelsea Deardon didn't kill Victor Taft. The prosecution has suggested a possible motive, but one based on hearsay, conjecture and circumstantial evidence. Evidence that appears to have some substance, but upon closer examination, will prove to have no relevance whatsoever to this case.”
- From the movie: The Fugitive
- From the movie: Moll Flanders
“There are more compelling motives than fear.”
- From the movie: Goodbye Lover
“- Rollins: Why are you so cynical?
- Sgt. Rita Pompano: Because someone killed Bambi's mother.”
- From the movie: No Looking Back
- From the movie: Sling Blade
“- Marsha Dwiggins: Will you ever kill anyone again, Karl?
- Karl Childers: I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody.”
- From the movie: The Usual Suspects
“You give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now.”
- From the animation: Finding Nemo
“Just keep swimming.”
- From the movie: Volunteers
“Germs make you sick. That is why we give medicine to help kill you.”
- From the movie: Runaway
- From the movie: Fire Down Below
“I was told somebody's dumped some dangerous toxic waste down here. I wanted to see if I could come down and stop it.”
- From the movie: The Runestone
Isn't this the point where someone says: "There's got to be a reasonable explanation for all this"?
- From the movie: Scent of a Woman
- From the movie: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
“- Dieter Stark: It gives me the creeps, like it's not scared.
- Dr. Robert Burke: There haven't been any visitors on this island. There's no reason for it to fear man.”
- From the movie: Down by Law
“You always making big plans for tomorrow. You know why? Because you always fucking up today.”
- From the movie: The People vs. Larry Flynt
“At the heart of the First Amendment is the recognition of the fundamental importance of the free flow of ideas, freedom to speak one's mind is not only an aspect of an individualliberty but is essential to the quest for truth and the vitality of society as a whole, in the world of debate about public affairs many things done with motives that...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: I, Robot
“Prejudice never shows much reason.”
- From the movie: Arsenic and Old Lace
“- Dr. Einstein: Why did you kill that man? He was being nice to us and gave us a ride.
- Jonathan Brewster: He said I looked like Boris Karloff!”
- From the movie: Blue Velvet
“- Detective John Williams: I know you must be curious to know more. But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you now not only not to tell anyone about your find but also not to ask more about the case. One day, when it's all sewed up, I'll let you know all the details. Right now, though, I can't.
- Jeffrey Beaumont: I understand. I'm just real...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
“If this is our destiny, then that was his, and if there are no explanations for us, let there be none for him.”
- From the movie: Good Guys Wear Black
- From the movie: The Matrix Reloaded
“What is the reason? Soon the why and the reason are gone and all that matters is the feeling. This is the nature of the universe.”
- From the movie: The Woman in Red
“- Teddy Pierce: Do you realize you could have shot me?
- Didi Pierce: I would never do that... not without good reason!”
- From the movie: Crimes of the Heart
- From the movie: American Dreamz