Wishes quotes299 wishes quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one gets fill first.”
“- Nick Hurley: When I was a kid all I wanted was to be able to afford to eat in restaurants like this.
- Alex Owens: Were you poor?
- Nick Hurley: I was so poor I had hand-me-down lunches.”
“I wish five people dead on my drive to work everyday; five people. But wishing doesn't make it so, Bobby. You're not God, lifetime averages withstanding.”
“- Genie: There are a few, uh, provisos, a, a couple of quid pro quos.
- Aladdin: Like?
- Genie: Uh, rule #1: I can't kill anybody. So don't ask. Uh, rule #2: I can't make anybody fall in love with anybody else. You little punim there. Rule #3: I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture. I don't like doing it! Other than...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm sixty-five years old. And I'm ashamed. A million years ago... the fucking regret and guilt, these things, don't ever let anyone ever say to you you shouldn't regret anything. Don't do that. Don't! You regret what you fucking want! Use that. Use that. Use that regret for anything, any way you want.”
“- Mallory Pike: Make a wish.
- Kristy Thomas: Friends forever.”
“- Louie: I'm going to wish for a million wishes!
- Genie: Get serious! That never works!”
“Can we get you anything else? Water, coffee, couple of female slaves?”
“What do you do when the thing you most wanted, so perfect, just comes?”
“- Marilyn Holmberg: What do you want?
- Phil Potter: I want us to live together. I want us to get married. I want us to have children together. I want us to put our teeth in the same cup. I want us buried together in a family plot with one headstone. What do you want?
- Marilyn Holmberg: I want a separate cup for my teeth.”
“Sometimes, I'd like to push his poison down his own throat.”
“- Finnegan: Anything I want?
- Trillian St. James: Anything you want.
- Finnegan: Can you get me a cold beer?”
“- Mitchell Gant: You want me to fly?
- Captain Buckholz: Yes, we want you to fly. We want you to fly the greatest warplane ever built.”
“There are some wishes that even I can't make come true.”
“- Willie Conway: I just want something beautiful, Mo.
- Michael 'Mo' Morris: We all want something beautiful, Willie.”
“- Stef: Wait, stop! You can't do this.
- Data: Why?
- Mikey: Why?
- Stef: Because these are somebody else's wishes. They're somebody else's dreams.
- Mouth: Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.”
- Sgt. Virgil Hoogesteger: I know exactly what I'm gonna do...
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Oh God, Virg, if I have to hear one more word about that stupid restaurant...
- Sgt. Virgil Hoogesteger: It's not stupid! At least I've got a plan! What are you gonna do after the war, huh?
- Sgt. Richard "Rascal" Moore: Come to your restaurant and rob it!
“The trick in life isn't getting what you want, my dear, it's wanting it after you get it.”
“- Vic: I would like to be in charge.
- Rivas: Of what?
- Vic: Planting all the bombs.
- Rivas: When you ever done that?
- Vic: Never. That's why I want to do it now.
- Rivas: No. And don't wear those clothes tomorrow.
- Vic: Ok. I'll wear my suit and a tie.”