Audrey Hepburn quotes
“- Paul Varjak: Let’s get something straight. I am not now nor have I ever been Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be. My name is Paul - Paul
Varjak... and I love you.
- Holly Golightly: Let me go. ”
“Are you through? I’m in a terrible rush. Grand central station, and step on it darling. ”
“I certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I? I thought he was just a rat, but he was a super rat all along - a super rat in rat’s clothing”
“- Paul Varjak: I...I hate to, uh...I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor...could I use the phone?
- Holly Golightly: Sure. Why not?
- Paul Varjak: Thank you. Well, this is a...nice little place you’ve got here. You just moved in, too, huh?
- Holly Golightly: No. I’ve been here about a year. The phone’s over there.
Well, it was....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul Varjak: Sally Tomato?
- Holly Golightly: Oh, don’t look so shocked. They couldn’t prove he was even part of the mafia, much less head of it. My dear, the only thing that they did was prove that he cheated at his income tax. Anyway, all I know is that he’s a darling old man. He was never my lover or anything like that. In fact, I never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear.”
“- Holly Golightly: I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can’t go to Sing Sing with a green face.
- Paul Varjak: Sing Sing?
- Holly Golightly: I always thought it was a ridiculousname for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something.
Black, alligator. You know all the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face.”
“I’m not Holly. I’m not Lula Mae, either. I don’t know who I am! I’m like Cat here, We’re a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don’t even belong to each other. Stop the cab. What do you think? This ought to be the right kind place for a tough guy like you - garbage cans, rats galore. Scram! I said take off!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doc Golightly: I love you Lula Mae.
- Holly Golightly: I know you do, and that's just the trouble. It's the mistake you always made, Doc, trying to love a wild thing. You were always lugging home wild things. Once it was a hawk with a broken wing... and another time it was a full-grown wildcat with a broken leg. Remember?
- Doc Golightly: Lula...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!
- Paul Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday?
- Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.”
“Rome. By all means. Rome!”
“You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels.”
“- Paul Varjak: I love you.
- Holly Golightly: So what.
- Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
- Holly Golightly: [tearfully] No. People don't belong to people.
- Paul Varjak: Of course they do!
- Holly Golightly: I'll never let anybody put me in a cage.
- Paul Varjak: I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!”
“- Paul Varjak: Why are you crying?
- Holly Golightly: [wakes up] If we're going to be friends let's get one thing straight right now. I hate snoops!”