Audrey Hepburn quotes
“- Ariane Chavasse: Papa, you are a cynic!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I am.
- Ariane Chavasse: You enjoy your work!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I do.
- Ariane Chavasse: You'd enjoyed it even if you weren't paid for it!
- Claude Chavasse: I wouldn't go that far.”
“- Paul Varjak: [about Holly and Jose] So you're getting married, then?
- Holly Golightly: Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
- Paul Varjak: Four you mean?
- Holly Golightly: Huh?
- Paul Varjak: Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?”
“I told you, anything you do for yourself is a waste of spirit.”
“- Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
- Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
- Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?
- Paul Varjak: Yes.”
“- Joe Bradley: You should always wear my clothes.
- Princess Ann: It seems I do.”
“I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.”
“Sally helps me with my accounts. I have no head for figures at all. I’m trying desperately to save some money, you know I told you. I just can’t seem to. He makes me write down everything in there. What I get, what I spend. I used to have a checking account. He made me get rid of that. He feels, for me anyway, that it’s better to operate on a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: I want you to call him and tell him Fred’s a genius. Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say you’re a genius, I did. So Quit stalling O.J. Just tell him what you’re going to do to make Fred rich and famous?
- O.J. Berman: Now why don’t you let Fred baby and me settle that, huh, puppy?
- Holly Golightly: Okay. But just remember,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Don't you just love it?
- Paul Varjak: Love what?
- Holly Golightly: Tiffany's! ”
“Hand me my purse, will you, darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick.”
“- Holly: He's Rusty Troller!
- Holly:Rusty Troller... he happens to be the ninth richest man in America under fifty.
- Paul: Now that, indeed, is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips!
- Holly: I keep track of these things.”
“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
“What’s the matter? Don’t you think I can do it? Tell me. Seriously I’m interested. Don’t you think I can? You heard the Doc. my brother gets out of the army in February. The Doc won’t take him back. It’s all up to me. I don’t know why you don’t understand. I needmoney, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it. So... this time next month,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: Do you think she's talented? [Paul turns toward her] Deeply and importantly talented?
- Paul: No. Amusingly and superficially talented, yes, but . . . deeply and importantly, no [The stripper continues taking off her clothes until she has nothing left on except her bra, which she then removes. Holly raises her sunglasses].
- Holly:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: I'll never let anyone put me in a cage!
- Paul: I don't want to put you in a cage, I wanna love you.
- Holly: Same thing!
- Paul: No it's not, Holly.
- Holly: I'm not Holly! I'm not Lula Mae either. I don't know who I am. I'm like Cat here. We're a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even...” (continue)(continue reading)