King quotes144 king quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“They say in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king, well in the land of the skunk the man with half a nose is king!”
“So they don't like the salt tax? Double it!”
“Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Julian the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, etc, etc, hooray, everybody.”
“- Catherine de Médici: Such a fine man, Admiral Coligny. If only he thought as we do.
- L'amiral de Coligny: Such a wonderful king. If only he thought as we do.”
“- Botanist: If you were a communist how could you be king?
- Learoyd: Only a communist would think of it.”
“- D'Artagnan: The Cardinal! We have to hurry!
- Porthos: You two have a date?
- D'Artagnan: No. It's the Cardinal. He's conspiring against the king.
- Aramis: Tell us something we don't know.”
“You took a song from me. Give me a son, brave thane. Stay with me. Love me... Love me... and I shall weave you riches... beyond imagination. I shall make you the greatest king that ever lived. As long as you hold me in your heart... and this golden horn remains in my keeping... You will forever be King. Forever strong, might... and all-powerful....” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, my son, I wouldn't be Emperor of the galaxy if I didn't have some powers at my disposal.”
“A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game.”
We called him "The king", because... that's what he liked to be called.
“- Anna: Why are you doing this, why are you helping us?
- Nikolai Luzhin: I can't become king if someone else already sits on the throne.”
“- Lord Cadogan: In my day it was King first and God after.
- Duke of Sutherland: Yes, and the War To End Wars bitterly proved your point!”
“- Cardinal Thomas Wolsey: The King commands that you surrender this whole matter into his hands. Otherwise, the court will condemn you.
- Queen Katherine: I am surprised to receive such a request from such a wise and noble man as you. I am but a poor woman, lacking in both wit and understanding. How am I supposed to respond to such a request...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Camelot rots, and I play at being king. I want her great again.”
“An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.”
“- Xerxes: There will be no glory in your sacrifice. The world will never know you existed at all!
- King Leonidas: The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed.”