Christopher Plummer quotes
“- Tyler: Why don't you fly? It's faster.
- Zev Gutman: I don't know [laughs].
- Tyler: [smiles] That's not a good reason.
- Zev Gutman: [laughs] You're a real whipperschnapper aren't you?”
“I'll give you a piece of advice: stay single.”
“- Maria: But I don't have another one. When we entered the abbey our worldly clothes were given to the poor.
- Captain von Trapp: What about this one?
- Maria: The poor didn't want this one.”
“- Abraham Van Helsing: If you harm my daughter, I swear to the Lord Christ...
- Dracula: Shh! He doesn't care. In that you can trust.”
“Either you work for me or you die.”
“I would rather not know about how one gets parts in movies these days.”
“Most of my life I have played a lot of famous people but most of them were dead so you have a poetic license.”
“I couldn't believe when I first got a fan letter from Al Pacino, it was unreal.”
“I'm too old-fashioned to use a computer. I'm too old-fashioned to use a quill.”
“- Dr. Watson: You squashed my pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Now you've got it cornered.
- Dr. Watson: Yes, but squashing a fellow's pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Just trying to help.
- Dr. Watson: I didn't want it squashed, I don't like it that way - I like it whole so that you can feel it pop when you bite down on it.”
“When people are frightened, they turn to God, and when they have no help from him, they look to the Devil.”
“This is America, the place to find hope. If you give up now, you will never find them. So never say never.”
“- Mike Wallace: Do you wish you hadn't come forward? Do you wish you hadn't blown the whistle?
- Jeffrey Wigand: There are times when I wish I hadn't done it. There are times when I feel compelled to do it. If you asked me would I do it again, do I think it's worth it? Yeah, I think it's worth it.”
“In space, all warriors are cold warriors.”
“He hates God. He is repulsed by all things Christian. But these things do not kill him, no. They only fill him with a rage.”
“We've unmasked madmen, Watson, wielding scepters. Reason run riot. Justice howling at the moon.”
“Adventure is out there!”
“- Prime Minister Lord Salisbury: You have us at a disadvantage, Mr. Holmes. I think it might be better if you tell us your story in your own way and permit me to be the judge of whether it is true or not.
- Sherlock Holmes: You may take it to be true, sir!”
Be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends".
“- Captain von Trapp: Drapes?
- Maria: They still have plenty of wear left. The children have been everywhere in them.
- Captain von Trapp: Do you mean to tell me that my children have been roaming about Salzburg dressed up in nothing but some old drapes?
- Maria: Hm-hm. And having a marvelous time!”
“It is better to have loved and lost.”