Jessica Lange quotes
“- Hilda Hensley: I got a check today. Why don't you go out and spend some money? It'll make you feel better.
- Patsy Cline: Says who?
- Hilda Hensley: Well, you're just too mean to live lately.”
“- Robert Roy MacGregor: Did you boys know there's going to be a new addition to the family?
- Duncan MacGregor: Is it inside you?
- Mary MacGregor: Yes.
- Duncan MacGregor: How does it get out?
- Robert Roy MacGregor: Same road it got in.”
“- Ty Smith: I don't remember you like this.
- Ginny Cook Smith: I wasn't like this.
- Ty Smith: No. You looked on the good side of things. You were pretty and funny.
- Ginny Cook Smith: I was a ninny. I was a simpleton.”
“Lord, bitch. You don't sing. You whine. You whine.”
“- Elaine: I thought you said you couldn't swim!
- Louise: I can't!”
“- Babe Magrath: She told me how embarrassing it was for her all those years ago. You know, when mama...
- Meg Magrath: Yeah, down in the cellar.
- Babe Magrath: She said our mama had shamed the entire family and that we were known notoriously all through Hazelhurst. Then she went on to say how I would now be getting just as much badpublicity...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie Dick: I want to get to know you better.
- Patsy Cline: Ok, now what does that mean?
- Charlie Dick: Means I want to get to know you better.
- Patsy Cline: See, I figure when you say you want to get to know me better, what you really mean is you want a ten minute screw in the back seat of your car.
- Charlie Dick: Son of a bitch. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Albert: Louise, I swear to you there is no money. If you only knew what was going on in that hospital. It's not only the IRS, I'm in deep financial trouble, and I need you to hold me, to hug me, to kiss me, to reassure me that everything isn't as hopeless as it looks.
- Louise: The only thing that is hopeless, Albert is that you're horny 24...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie Dick: I don't have to come crawling after some mean mouthed woman who got a cob crossways. Hell, if I just want to bump uglies with somebody, I got plenty of places to go for that.
- Patsy Cline: Bump uglies?
- Charlie Dick: That's right.
- Patsy Cline: My lord Charlie, what a charming expression.”
“- Cora Papadakis: I'm getting tired of what's right and wrong.
- Frank Chambers: They hang people for that, Cora!”
“I love the bones of you, Robert McGregor, but you take too much to heart that cannot be helped.”
“Remorse reminds me of daddy, who had none.”
“- Joe Gideon: To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
- Angelique: That's very theatrical, Joe.
- Joe Gideon: Yeah, I know.
- Angelique: Did you make that up?
- Joe Gideon: I wish I had.”
- Joe Gideon: No, nothing I ever do is good enough. Not beautiful enough, it's not funny enough, it's not deep enough, it's not anything enough. Now, when I see a rose, that's perfect. I mean, that's perfect. I want to look up to God and say, "How the hell did you do that? And why the hell can't I do that?".
- Angelique: Now that's probably one... (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm running this place. I'm good at it. Did anybody ever think I was good at anything? I sure didn't.”
“I'd like to know just how strong we are. Or how weak. But I guess the only way we're gonna find that out is just by going through this.”