Parents quotes381 parents quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Honore Lachaille: I have to tell you... your parents bore me to death.
- Gaston Lachaille: Me too.
- Honore Lachaille: But I've known them longer, so they've been boring me longer.”
“- Sarbojaya Ray: You'll educate the boy, give him his sacred thread, teach him to worship the gods. Durga will find a good husband. Two meals a day, new clothes twice a year - what more could we want?
- Harihar Ray: We'll have all that and more. My ancestors were writers, after all. They left a legacy that can't be ignored. Just wait two years....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth.”
“Great, I hijacked my fucking parents.”
“He's my son and I should be around him. I wasn't around my dad and look at the fuckin' way I turned out.”
“Isn't that what's wrong with the world today? People are just looking for the easy way out, like their problems are gonna go away? Problems just don't go, Flo! You know? So the question here is: what are we going to do with our little problemchild? I'll tell you what we are going to do. Something that no parent has ever done for him before....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frank Adler: Look, just don't worry, okay?
- Roberta Taylor: Don't tell me that. There's nothing you can say that's gonna make me feel good because I have no say in any of this, Frank. I'm not a blood relative! I'm not a legal guardian! I'm nothing! Just a lady who lives next door whose opinions mean nothing, whose feelings mean nothing! Would...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nicole Burnell: You and mom have a lawyer?
- Sam Burnell: Well, yes. He's your lawyer, too.
- Nicole Burnell: My lawyer. Why do I need a lawyer?
- Mary: Well maybe we shouldn't be talking about this just now, with you barely home. Aren't you hungry, honey? You want me to fix you something?
- Nicole Burnell: No. What's this lawyer business?”
“- Will Smith: What's your daughter's name?
- Ollie Trinke: Gertrude.
- Will Smith: Damn, why'd you do that man?”
“- Peter: If you're not a father to me, how come you're a grandfather to Will?
- Sully: 'cause you gotta start someplace.”
I love you guys, don't get me wrong. But for the first time in my life I'm eighteen and I can say "fuck you".
“- Marlin: How do you know if they're ready?
- Crush: Well, you never really know, but when they know, you know, y'know?”
“- Glen: Well... ever since I burnt a hole in the roof my dad says I can't launch any of my rockets without supervision.
- Terrence 'Terry' Chandler: Hey... I'll supervise.”
“Just when it looked like your parents would be triumphant again, the unthinkable happened! Fat Teddy McGinty's belly struck the record player, accidentally turning up the speed. And the stepdancers began stepping quicker and quicker, trying to keep up. And that's when your mother fell, and she took your dad down with her. And before the dancers...” (continue)(continue reading)
Before you have a kid, everyone tells you, "It's the best thing you'll ever do." And as soon as you get the baby back from the hospital, those same people are like, "Don't worry, it gets better."
My mother looked at it and said, "How precious". I don't know why she said it. Well, I didn't know then. I know now, because my mother put a curse on me. A long time ago, I remember when I was a child what she said, and I later found out that mothers, all mothers, put a curse on their children. They say: "I hope, when you get married, you have... (continue)(continue reading)
“There are times when parents must be disobeyed.”
“My family abandoned me. They kinda migrated without me. You should've seen what they did last year. I mean, they got up early, and quietly tied up my hands and feet, and gagged me with a field mouse, and barricaded the cave door, and covered their tracks, and traveled through water so I'd lose their scent, and... and... who needs 'em anyway?”
“- Drax: My father would tell the story of impregnating my mother every winter solstice.
- Peter Quill: That's disgusting.”