Self-control quotes116 self-control quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I spent a lot of time learning not to react to things like other people do, it's my job. It doesn't always work.”
“- Paul Varjak: Let’s get something straight. I am not now nor have I ever been Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be. My name is Paul - Paul
Varjak... and I love you.
- Holly Golightly: Let me go. ”
“- Hans Beckert: I can't help myself! I have no control over this, this evil thing inside of me, the fire, the voices, the torment!
- Schränker: Do you mean to say that you have to murder?
- Hans Beckert: It's there all the time, driving me out to wander the streets, following me, silently, but I can feel it there.”
“Once upon a time, I had a home on the range. But not anymore. It's no use cryin' over spilled milk.”
“Usually in the morning, you know, before everybody gets up, I get so angry, so bitter. Just, what the hell did I ever do to deserve this? Where's the fairness? I cry and I rage. I mourn. And then I detach. It's over; that's it; all over. No more. I just look back on how I've been feeling and I say, well, that's self-pity and that's enough of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“And my little sister Chrissy, for teaching me that life is nothing if you're not obsessed.”
“Emotion can be the enemy.”
“You know, consciously, you may control it, but subconsciously, I bet that's another story.”
“When he thinks like the mountains, fight like the sea.”
“- Jimmy: You know I was a bed wetter?
- Oz: You don't do it anymore, do you?
- Jimmy: When I was 12 I saw my father naked in a shower.
- Oz: Well, that's probably why you wet the bed. Very Freudian. Jungian.”
“- Allegra Geller: The whole pod just disappeared into your back.
- Ted Pikul: It disappeared into my back? It's in my spine? It's working its way around my spinal cord?
- Allegra Geller: Don't panic, it's just a game.”
“- Morgan: You know, I heard you had balls big enough to come in a dump truck, but you don't look like much to me.
- Dalton: Opinions vary.”
“- Bob Younger: Cole lost his temper. He just lost his temper a little!
- Jesse James: How many of 'em did he kill?”
“- Charles Townsend: Don't do this! Deep down, there must still be some good in you.
- Madison Lee: I was never good. I was great!”
“- Ted Pikul: I want to put the game on pause. The game can be paused, can't it? I mean, all games can be paused, right?
- Allegra Geller: Why? What's wrong? Aren't you dying to see what's so special about the special?”
“Don't let your personal feelings get in the way!”
“- Steve: Being called a cocksucker isn't personal?
- Dalton: No. It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.
- Steve: What if somebody calls my mama a whore?
- Dalton: Is she?”
“If you weren't wearin' those stripes, I'd kick your fuckin' ass around the fuckin' block... yeah... but since I'm not into violence, I'll refrain from kickin' your ass at this time.”