Envy quotes103 envy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You're mother earth incarnate.”
“Carl spends the evening with a beautiful woman and I'm stuck here with a lunatic and a corpse.”
“Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me!”
“Lucy is a pure and virtuous girl. But, I admit that her free way of speaking shocks me sometimes. Jonathan says it is a defect of the aristocracy that they say what they please. The truth is that I admire Lucy, and I'm not surprised that men flock around her. I wish I were as pretty and as adored as she.”
“You're happy. I hate that!”
“You find a glimmer of happiness in this world, there's always someone who wants to destroy it.”
“- Student Journalist: As your party's leading presidential candidate, you are a staunch advocate of nuclear proliferation. Does wanting more and bigger missiles stem from a penisenvy of the Russians?
- Norman Mart: No, son. That's primitive thinking. I will add, though, that I'll put my slab on the yard stick against Gorby any day.”
“The weak are always trying to sabatoge the strong.”
“- Z: Why'd I have to be born a worker? You soldiers get all the glory. Plus, you get to go out in the world. You know, you meet interesting insects; you get to kill them.
- Weaver: Yeah, but you get to spend all day with those beautiful worker girls.
- Z: Weaver, they're career girls. They're obsessed with digging.”
I turned on the TV. They were playing "Queen Christina". That close-up of you at the end, I thought it would never end. I mean it just went on and on and on. Oh, God, how I hated you. I really hated myself. I thought if I looked like you, if I had that face, if I had those eyes, I wouldn't be so alone.
“You've taken all the joy out of life. I was all through with this kind of stuff. I mean, I knew I'd never have it - but there was no envy in my heart.”
“- Billy Kwan: The one great advantage of being a dwarf is that you can be wiser than other people and no one envies you.
- Guy Hamilton: You're not a dwarf.
- Billy Kwan: That's what I like about you, Guy. You really don't care, do you? Or, maybe you just don't see.”
“- Corinne Burns: You are so jealous of me. I'm everything you ever wanted to be.
- Billy: A cunt?
- Corinne Burns: Exactly.”
“- Charles Morse: So what do you value me for, Bob?
- Robert Green: I like your style, your wife's pretty cute too.
- Charles Morse: So how are you planning to kill me?”
“There's always someone younger and hungrier coming down the stairs after you.”
“- Josh: Is there anything you can't do?
- Beck: Not that I'm aware of.
- Josh: I find that incredibly intimidating.
- Beck: Most people do.”
“I feel sorry for Mr. McAllister. I mean, anyone who's stuck in the same little room, wearing the same stupid clothes, saying the exact same things year after year for his whole life, while his students go on to good colleges, move to big cities and do great things and make loads of money... He's got to be at least a little jealous.”