Equality quotes92 equality quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: The King's Speech
“- Lionel Logue: Please, call me Lionel.
- King George VI: No, I... prefer Doctor.
- Lionel Logue: I prefer Lionel. What'll I call you?
- King George VI: Your Royal Highness. And... Sir... after that.
- Lionel Logue: How about Bertie?
- King George VI: Only my family uses that.
- Lionel Logue: Perfect. Here, it's better if we're equals.
- King...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Anna and the King
- From the movie: Lincoln
- From the movie: Alexander
“Never would your father take barbarians as friends or ask us to fight with them as equals in war. Are we not good enough any longer? I remember a time when we could talk as men, strait to the eye, none of this scraping and groveling. I remember a time when we hunted, when we wrestled on the gymnasium floor. And now you kiss them? Take a...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Alien
“- Brett: You see, Mr. Parker and I feel that the bonus situation has never been on an equitable level.
- Dallas: You get what you're contracted for like everybody else.
- Brett: Yes, but everybody else, uh, gets more than us.”
- From the movie: Babe: Pig in the City
- From the movie: Final Destination 3
“Equality? In death's eyes? All of us? How can you say that? Dude, think it through: Charlie Manson, made it to 70, Osama, still kicking. Pimps, vice presidents, walking around, all the atrocities they've committed, they're alive and well. These two girls, never done shit to anybody, they don't get to make it to 18. Where's the equality in that?”
- From the movie: True Identity
“Frankie, when you get to jail, you might want to talk to some of the brothers on your views of racial equality.”
- From the movie: 2010
“Whether we are based on carbon or silicon makes no fundamental difference. We should each be treated with appropriate respect.”
- From the movie: Just Cause
- From the movie: The Russia House
- From the movie: Pleasantville
“Hell, you could have a flood any minute… Pretty soon you could have the women going off to work while the men stayed home and cooked.”
- From the movie: Hairspray
“- Tracy Turnblad: I'm an integrationist. We shall overcome someday.
- Beatnik Chick: Not with that hair, you won't.”
- From the movie: Cry Freedom
“The only history we read was made by the white man, written by the white man. Television, cars, medicines - all invented by the white man, even football. Now the way like that, it's not hard to believe there's something inferior about being born black.”
- From the movie: The Sound of Music
“After all, the wool from the black sheep is just as warm.”
- From the movie: Alexander
- From the movie: King Arthur
“For men to be men, they must first all be equal.”
“She honestly believes that peasants are as good as we are.”
- From the movie: Another Country
“In your heart of hearts, like Barclay and Delahay and Fowler and me, you still believe, inspite of your talk of equality and fraternity, you still believe that some people are better than others because of the way they make love.”
- From the movie: The Great Dictator
- From the movie: The Warriors
“- Cochise: We're going in there with nothing?
- Snow: We're going like everybody else: nine guys, no weapons.”
- From the movie: Bulworth
“Obscenity? We got a million brothers in prison / I mean, the walls are really rockin / But you can bet your ass they'd all be out / If they could pay for Johnny Cochran / The constitution is supposed to give them an equal chance / Well, that ain't gonna happen for sure / Ain't it time to take a little from the rich motherfucker and give a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Malcolm X
“Muslims look upon themselves as human beings, as part of the human family and therefore look upon all other segments of the human family as part of that same family. Today my friends are black, brown, red, yellow and white.”
- From the movie: The Man Who Came to Dinner
“Is there a man in the world who suffers as I do from the gross inadequacies of the human race?”
- From the movie: Full Metal Jacket