Religion quotes265 religion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm trying to be faithful.”
“- Celeste Whitman: That prayer you did up there... what religion would that be?
- Captain Stefan Svevo: Greek Orthodox.
- Celeste Whitman: No kidding? I'm Greek Orthodox... suddenly!”
“- Samir Horn: You know that the Qu'ran says that if you kill an innocent person it's as if you've killed all mankind?
- Roy Clayton: It also says that if you save a life its like you've saved all mankind...”
“- Arnold: I didn't know you were so religious.
- Gerald Martin Johanssen: Neither did I.”
“Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar.”
“Why? Why did you just let me die? I'd like to go up into heaven. An ascension, possibly. A transfiguration.”
I'm a Catholic, which is the best of all the religions, really, because we have the most rules. And the best clothes. But among us, there is also a Buddhist, agnostic, we have a Baptist, and we have a "I don't know", which seems to be the fastest growing religion in the world. And now, we have "I think I'm Jewish", which is a new one for the... (continue)(continue reading)
“I was thinking about becoming a Scientologist. They're always famous, you know. Is there like an audition or something? I could do a monologue from Ron L. Hubbard.”
“I am fascinated with religion or things that people believe in and question that.”
“- Mrs. Talmann: His father was killed at Aufbergensfeld. His mother became a Catholic so my husband had him brought to England.
- Mr Neville: To be raised as a little Protestant?
- Mrs. Talmann: He was an orphan, Mr. Neville, and needed to be looked after.
- Mr Neville: An orphan, madame, because his mother became a Catholic?”
“I'm not really into religion.”
“Baseball may be a religion full of magic, cosmic truth, and the fundamental ontological riddles of our time, but it's also a job.”