Will Smith quotes
“- Jay: What's the catch?
- Kay: The catch is you will sever every human contact. Nobody will ever know you exist anywhere. Ever. I'll give you to sunrise to think it over.
- Jay: Is it worth it?
- Kay: Oh yeah, it's worth it... if you're strong enough!”
“I have a telegram for a Dr. Loveless. It's from his mother, Irene. She's telling him to come on home, stop all this foolishness.”
“You know beautiful women; they encourage you one minute, and cut the legs out from under you the next!”
“Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something.”
“I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was.”
This world has been so heavy with all the right-to-lifers - "protect the lives of the unborn"; constitutional amendments - "when does life begin?"; or the converse, the end of life: the right to die. Why is life at this point in the twentieth century so focused upon the very beginning of life and the very end of life? What about the 80 years we... (continue)(continue reading)
“It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
“- Mike Lowrey: Please, man. Married life is easy. You only got one woman to satisfy.
- Marcus Burnett: Yo, man, we ain't the Cosbys.”
- Detective Marcus Burnett: Have my daughter back by 10:01. If she's not back by 10:01 I'm in the car, locked, loaded and hunting your motherfucking ass down.
- Detective Mike Lowrey: And I'ma be with him.
[pulls a gun]
- Detective Mike Lowrey: You know what it gonna be if I'm there, gonna be "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" nigga.
When he was scheduled to perform at a peace rally, a gunman came to his house and shot him down. Two days later he walked out on that stage and sang. When they asked him why - he said, "The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness".
“Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.”
“- Jay: Did you ever flashy-thing me?
- Kay: No.
- Jay: I ain't playing with you, K. Did you ever flashy-thing me?
- Kay: No.”
“- Marcus Burnett: Eighty thousand dollars for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?
- Mike Lowrey: It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest producted cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.
- Marcus Burnett: You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kay: They're beautiful, aren't they?
- Jay: What?
- Kay: The stars.
- Jay: Kay, you're frightening your partner...
- Kay: I haven't been looking for a partner. I've been looking for a replacement.
- Jay: I can not do this by myself, all right?”
“- Floyd Poteet: We've got our rights.
- Detective Mike Lowrey: Why don't you exercise your right to shut the fuck up?”