Marisa Tomei quotes
“- Vinny Gambini: Your Honor, may I have permission to treat Ms. Vito as a hostile witness?
- Mona Lisa Vito: You think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight.
- Judge Chamberlain Haller: Do you two know each other?
- Vinny Gambini: Yeah, she's my fiancée.
- Judge Chamberlain Haller: Well, that would certainly explain the hostility.”
“Don't let people stand in your way. They're just people, like you and me! Well, maybe not like you. I don't know if I have ever met anyone like you before.”
“- Lexi: Mother, when you realize that not all people of color were put here to serve you?
- Chantal: Lexi, darling, how can say that? I've served food to the homeless. Good food. Food I'd eat myself if I still ate carbs.”
“It's your birthday and you got me a present?”
“He was like an angel, you know? I never knew life could be like that. He was the one thing I followed through in my life, the one thing I didn't give up on. I was good at loving him.”
“- Caroline: What's your dog's name?
- Adam: I don't know. He never told me.”
- Jane Goodale: Who's Penelope Pope?
- Liz: I don't know, but that's what she said when I asked "Who the fuck is this?".
“- Caroline: I have fallen...
- Adam: Are you hurt?
- Caroline: I wasn't finished.
- Adam: Finish.
- Caroline: I have fallen so in love with you, so much more than I said I would.”
“Time wounds all heels.”
“I am going to fall in love with you. You don't have to love me back. I am going to give you my heart.”
“- Lisa Provolone: You kept me a prisoner up here - like Rapunzel.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Well, you certainly ain't Snow White!”
“- Ted the Bellhop: Later, in another room, some crazy fucking maniac sticks a gun in my face and forces me to play out some psychosexual drama with his wife.
- Margaret: He made you have psycho sex with his wife?
- Ted the Bellhop: No, he didn't make me fuck his wife, he thought I'd fucked his wife! He held me at gunpoint with a loaded gun!”
“- Lisa Provolone: I want Oscar.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: I want him more than you do. But he's on the lam and Anthony's taking the rap for him.
- Lisa Provolone: Thank you very much. Whatever happened to love? Whatever happened to romance?
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Whatever happened to waiting till the wedding night?”
“- Martha Hackett: Why don't you just pour battery acid down your throat?
- Henry Hackett: No caffeine.”
“- Caroline: I think I'll go inside now.
- Steve: I'll call you later, alright?
- Caroline: No, don't do that. Just leave me alone.
- Steve: I didn't mean to hurt you, Caroline.
- Caroline: Yeah, well. You did.”
“- Vinny Gambini: What about these pants I got on, you think they're ok? Oh!
- Mona Lisa Vito: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... bam! A fuckin' bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, this could be a sign of things to come. You win all your cases, but with somebody else's help, right? You win case after case, and then afterwards you have to go up to somebody and you have to say, thank you. Oh, my God, what a fucking nightmare!”
“- Caroline: What did the doctor say?
- Adam: That I'm not allowed to stick knives in my stomach.”