Robert Redford quotes
“Every day we have is one more than we deserve.”
“- Tally Atwater: Do you want to be with me?
- Warren Justice: So much it hurts.”
“Maybe you were born committed... I can't get negative enough. I can't get angry enough. And I can't get positive enough.”
“Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot river and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Sundance Kid: You remember the time you and me and Etta went to Denver one summer for a vacation?
- Butch Cassidy: I'm glad you brought that up, Kid. That's an important topic, considering our situation.
- The Sundance Kid: The night we went gambling, you remember?
- Butch Cassidy: We had dinner at the hotel. Etta had roast beef and I had...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We didn't know when the Doc was going to be giving the Sheik his physical but it was our one and only opportunity to take him out. So I didn't have the usual time to butter him up. Which means we needed twice the sex with half the foreplay.”
“- Corie Bratter: You're almost nearly perfect!
- Paul Bratter: That's a rotten thing to say!”
“If you're not willing to sacrifice scum like Schmidt for those that want nothing more than their freedom, then you better take a long hard look at your chosen profession my friend. Because it doesn't get any easier.”
“- Cosmo: Posit: people think a bank might be financially shaky.
- Bishop: Consequence: people start to withdraw their money.
- Cosmo: Result: pretty soon it is financially shaky.
- Bishop: Conclusion: you can make banks fail.
- Cosmo: Bzzt. I've already done that. Maybe you've heard about a few? Think bigger.”
“- Tally Atwater: Why didn't we do this before?
- Warren Justice: Because it was always gonna be this hard to stop.”
“- Henry Brubaker: What happened? What happened to your eye?
- Abraham Cook: Oh, got hit.
- Henry Brubaker: With what?
- Abraham Cook: With a baseball bat, a trace chain, and a rope with knots in it.”
“The trouble with some people is they work too hard.”
“The only thing I know about the dark is you can't see in it.”
“Take a look at a castle. Any castle. Now break down the key elements that make it a castle. They haven't changed in a thousand years. 1: Location. A site on high ground that commands the territory as far as the eye can see. 2: Protection. Big walls, walls strong enough to withstand a frontal attack. 3: A garrison. Men who are trained and willing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gus Sands: If it isn't enough, tell us what you had in mind.
- Roy Hobbs: To hit away.”
“You think you're easy? Compared to what, the Hundred Years' War?”
“- Tally Atwater: I want you around in the morning.
- Warren Justice: You already have me around in the morning. How, I don't know, but you do.
- Tally Atwater: I want to know you're legally required to be there.”
“When you love someone, from Roosevelt to me, you go deaf, dumb and blind.”
“- Pop Fisher: Batting practice tomorrow, be there!
- Roy Hobbs: I have been. Every day.”
“- Hallie: What are you gonna do tomorrow, Sonny?
- Sonny: I'm gonna get movin' on. Find me something simple. Hard maybe, but plain and quiet.”
“- Sonny: You've had a hard day. Why don't you scrunch down in the bag?
- Hallie: I wish it were that easy. I don't sleep.
- Sonny: Ever? How old are you?”
“- Pop Fisher: I'd have walked away from baseball and I'd have bought a farm.
- Roy Hobbs: Nothing like a farm. Nothing like being around animals, fixing things. There's nothing like being in the field with the corn and the winter wheat. The greenest stuff you ever saw.”