America quotes461 america quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“For the most part, the American film market has become very corporatised.”
“I built my entire career in the United States and that's why it feels like I'm an American actor.”
“- Benjamin Martin: May I sit with you?
- Charlotte Selton: It's a free country. Or at least it will be.”
“- Eddie: You people caused quite a stir.
- Jack McGurn: It was a legal demonstration, sir. Perfectly within the Constitution.
- Eddie: Well, all that striking stuff is over now, mister. When Japs step on the beach, you think they'll take any notice of your banners? They'll stick a bayonet in your belly, grievance or no grievance. This is America...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It was an opportunity for me to defend America. The country which has given freedom to me and to my family. And it is an honor to fight for that freedom.”
“It's not your fault you've been brainwashed by America.”
“There is an ill, Mr. Epps. A fearful ill resting upon this nation. And there will be a day of reckoning yet.”
“- Marko Ramius: There's one thing you haven't yet asked me: why?
- Jack Ryan: Well, I thought you would tell me when you felt ready.
- Marko Ramius: Well, there are those who believe that we should attack the United States first. Settle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purpose.”
“- Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about your people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?
- Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.”
“- Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?
- Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.”
When the second plane hit the tower, his chief of staff entered the classroom and told Mr. Bush the nation is under attack. Not knowing what to do, with no one telling him what to do, and with no secret service rushing in to take him to safety, Mr. Bush just sat there, and continued to read "My Pet Goat" with the children.
“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
“Any person who would defile America's pastime by wearing a baseball cap backwards... well, that's an evil that speaks for itself!”
Before the Civil War, the states were all separate. People used to say "United States are". Wasn't until the war ended, people started saying "The United States is". Under Lincoln, we became one nation.
“I never wanted anything as much as I wanted to be an American.”
“- Gov. George Wallace: Mr. President, malcontents are disrupting Alabama and it's your responsibility to stop them.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson: They're protesting about the right to vote and the way they're treated in your state, so that's your problem and it's your responsibility and it's on your watch.”