Popularity quotes207 popularity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the animation: Space Jam
“- Daffy Duck: You think she's got enough toys?
- Bugs Bunny: Speaking of toys, remember those mugs and t-shoits and lunchboxes with our pictures on 'em?
- Daffy Duck: Yeah.
- Bugs Bunny: You ever see any money from all that stuff?
- Daffy Duck: Hah, not a cent!
- Bugs Bunny: Hmm... me neither.
- Daffy Duck: It's a crying shame. We gotta get new...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
“You want to know if they're true or not... the stories about me. Did you ever notice with stories like that, everyone says they heard it from someone who was there. But then when you ask that person, they say they heard it from someone who was there. It's nothing new, really. I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple of...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Heartbreak Hotel
“- Elvis Presley: Maybe I oughtta go back to the old way of doing things. Really rock 'em again!
- Jerry Schilling: Hell, you can't afford to take a chance like that, E. What about your image?
- Elvis Presley: Can't afford it? Man, when I was broke I could afford to do anything I wanted! Now I'm a millionaire. Can't afford to do a damned thing.”
- From the movie: Reuben, Reuben
- From the movie: Men in Black 2
“- Jay: You joined the wrong organization. You ever hear of James Edwards?
- Agent Tee: No.
- Jay: He saved the lives of fifteen people tonight. But nobody knows he exists. And if nobody knows he exists, how can anybody love him?”
- From the movie: Truman
“When the press quit crucifying me, I'll know I've been in this business too long.”
- From the movie: A Friend To Die For
“- Angela Delvecchio: Sometimes, people who do drugs, they're just... They may be dealing with some kind of problem, and maybe if we talk...
- Alicia: You wanna know what the problem is? You're the problem! You and everyone else. Here you are, pretending you care, pretending you wanna help me, when all your really care about is being popular. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
“I am not now, nor have I ever been a Las Vegas showgirl. I am a headliner.”
- From the movie: Almost Famous
- From the movie: Nell
“Let me give you a little peek into the future, Paula. One day soon some hiker or fisherman is gonna walk out of those woods with a story about a wild woman. And that'll bring the news reporters and the reports will bring the crowds, who will bring the talk-showhosts. Nell will find she's hired a lawyer, an agent, a manager, and three...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Death of a Salesman
“Today, it's all cut and dried, and there's no chance for bringing friendship to bear or personality. You see what I mean? They don't know me anymore.”
- From the movie: Radio Inside
- Michael Anderson: Here's to true love, and gainful employment. I think it was Elvis who said, "Happiness is made up of three things: Someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to".
- Matthew Anderson: Actually, Mike, that was Marx. And that's "Reciprocal love, meaningful labor, and hope for the future".
- Michael Anderson:... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Commitments
“- Joey 'The Lips' Fagan: Look, I know you're hurting now, but in time you'll realize what you've achieved.
- Jimmy Rabbitte: I've achieved nothing!
- Joey 'The Lips' Fagan: You're missing the point. The success of the band was irrelevant - you raised their expectations of life, you lifted their horizons. Sure we could have been famous and made...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Paradise
- From the movie: Mission: Impossible
“Anonymity... is like a warm blanket.”
- From the movie: North
“- North: Winchell, you put out a three-page leaflet with a circulation of 90.
- Winchell: Might even land me a Pulitzer.”
- From the movie: To Die for
“You aren't really anybody in America if you're not on TV.”
- From the movie: King of New York
- From the movie: Radioland Murders
“- Claudette Katsenback: Nobody enters my dressing room uninvited! What the hell do you think that star means?
- Roger Henderson: You're Jewish?”
- From the movie: S.F.W.
“- Cliff Spab: Thanks for the ride, Monica.
- Monica Dice: Take care of yourself, Cliff. Good luck going back to being a nobody!”
- From the movie: Mother
- From the movie: Danton
- From the movie: Purple Rain
“Let me give you a piece of advice, junior: your music make sense to no one... but yourself.”
- From the movie: Deep Impact
“- Mark Simon: We sure as hell don't have enough propellent left in the Messiah to maneuver with. How are we supposed to get back off the surface once we've... once we've gotten down there?
- Oren Monash: We don't.
- Andrea Baker: Well, look on the bright side. We'll all have high schools named after us.”