Denzel Washington quotes
“You ain't never killed anybody before, have you? It ain't like steppin' on ants, Jake. It takes a man to kill... you man enough to kill, Jake?”
“- Lesra: This is some place.
- Rubin Carter: This is no place, not for a human being or anybody. Never get used to a place like this.”
“This is my home. My country. Frank Lucas don't run from nobody. This is America.”
“- Andrew Beckett: What I love the most about the law?
- Joe Miller: Yeah.
- Andrew Beckett: It's that every now and then, not often, but occasionally, you get to be a part of justice being done. That really is quite a thrill when that happens.”
“- Hunter: Thank you, COB.
- Cob: Thank you? Fuck you! Get it straight Mr Hunter, I'm not on your side. Now you could be wrong! But wrong or right, the Captain can't just replace you at will. That was completely improper! And that's why I did what I did. By the book.
- Hunter: I thank you anyway.”
“Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.”
“I'm innocent. I've committed no crime. A crime's been committed against me.”
“- Shanti: The traditional view of time is linear, like a river, flowing from the past towards the future.
- Doug Carlin: But you can change the course of a river, right?
- Shanti: Exactly. Introduce a significant enough event at any point in this river and you create a new branch, still flowing toward the future, but along a different route....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ya are what ya are in this world. That's either one of two things: Either you're somebody, or you ain't nobody.”
“Hey, don't get sentimental on me. Makes me think I'm gonna die.”
“- John Hobbes: Can I ask you a personal question?
- Gretta Milano: Everything is personal, if you're a person.”
“- Xavier Quinn: You want a beer, Jump?
- Jump Jones: Do the damned need salvation?”
“- Fred Miller: Who the hell was that?
- Xavier Quinn: Ubu Pearl, the local witch.
- Fred Miller: I'm gettin' to like this place more and more.”
“- Doug Carlin: Now the monitor is broken. It's dead. It's not temporarily transitioned to another state of entropy, it's dead. Right. Now is she alive or is she dead?
- Denny: She's alive.
- Doug Carlin: Alright. Now we're getting somewhere.”
“- Joe Miller: What's wrong with your face?
- Andrew Beckett: [upon entering Joe's office] I have AIDS.”
“No matter what, no matter how hard you grab onto something. You still lose it.”
“I know we got issues, but rejecting your heart isn't going to make things easier, now is it?”