Denzel Washington quotes
“- Cory: Hey pa!
- Troy Maxson: Hmm?
- Cory: Can I ask you a question? ...How come you ain't never liked me?
- Troy Maxson: Like you? What law is there sayin' I got to like you?
- Cory: None.”
“What if what they really want is for us to herd our children into stadiums like we're doing? And put soldiers on the street and have Americans looking over their shoulders? Bend the law, shred the Constitution just a little bit? Because if we torture him, General, we do that and everything we have fought, and bled, and died for is over. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All right, Mr. Death. I tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take and build me a fence around this yard, see? I'm gonna build me a fence around what belongs to me. And then I want you to stay on the other side.”
- Josh Faraday: Our paths cross again. To what do I owe the pleasure?
- Sam Chisolm: Took a job. Looking for some men to join me.
- Josh Faraday: Is there money in it?
[Emma Cullen tosses him a jingling bag]
- Josh Faraday: And who's she?
- Sam Chisolm: "Joan of Arc".
- Emma Cullen: My name's Emma Cullen. And this is my associate, Teddy Q.
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“Dear Lord, thank you for the friend I made. Please watch over her as you watched over me.”
“You killed 543 people. How do you feel about that? I think that you were a murderer right from the beginning.”
“Legs don't mean nothing. You don't do nothing but push 'em out of the way.”
“Like every hustler, I was trapped. Cats that hung out together trying to find a solution found nothing.”
“- Jake: How much money was in that bag?
- Alonzo: 40 G's.
- Jake: What was that for?
- Alonzo: You really wanna know?
- Jake: Yeah. I asked, didn't I?
- Alonzo: Nothing's free in this world, Jake. Not even arrest warrants.
- Jake: Shit, I didn't wanna know.”
“Well, not a lot of guinea pigs volunteer to die in the name of science.”
“- Lupita Ramos: There are some good things in this world.
- John W. Creasy: Like what?
- Lupita Ramos: Like meeting me.”
“What we lost in the fire, we found in the ashes.”
“- Dr. Jerome Davenport: Where'd you spend your childhood?
- Antwone Fisher: Cleveland.
- Dr. Jerome Davenport: Parents still live there?
- Antwone Fisher: I never had any parents.
- Dr. Jerome Davenport: They deceased?
- Antwone Fisher: I never - I never had parents.
- Dr. Jerome Davenport: That would make you a medical miracle, Seaman Fisher....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Rose'll tell you. When I first met her, she ask me if I had gotten all that foolishness out of my system. I said: Baby, it's you and baseball, all what count to me. You hear me, Bono? And I meant it, too. She said: Which one come first? I said: Well, ain't no doubt it's baseball. But you stick and get old with me, and we'll both outlive this...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Keith Frazier: You got a card, in case I need to call you?
- Madeleiene White: Please don't take this personally, but no. I don't think you can afford me.
- Keith Frazier: Well, don't take this personally, Miss White. Kiss my black ass, okay?
- Madeleiene White: Careful, Detective. My bite is much worse than my bark.”
“- DetectiveBill Mitchell: You see, there's just you and one other woman that fit the physical description of the female suspect.
- Stevie: What's that?
- DetectiveBill Mitchell: It's your height, your age, and... um...
- Detective Keith Frazier: Your cup size.
- Stevie: So, I violated section 34 Double-D? That's what you're telling me?”
“- Preacher: The spirit is willing, but we are not killers.
- Sam Chisolm: No one is, until they're looking down the barrel of a gun.”
“You can be wrong a million times. You only gotta be right once.”