Denzel Washington quotes
“No matter what, no matter how hard you grab onto something. You still lose it.”
“I know we got issues, but rejecting your heart isn't going to make things easier, now is it?”
“- Dr. Raj: You may cut a man's head off, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you kill him. Especially if he's already dead, which appears to be the case in this case. The victim died suddenly, but not instantaneously, due to a combination of searing, profound pain, and the emotional shock of seeing his arm turn deeply cyanotic. Uh, that means...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Moony: You go to hell!
- Napoleon Stone: That's what I'm trying to avoid.”
“- Coed: Mr. X, I've read some of your speeches and I honestly believe a lot of what you say has truth to it. I have a good heart. I'm a good person despite my whiteness. What can the good white people like myself, who are not prejudiced, or racist, what can we do to help the cause?
- Malcolm X: Nothing.”
“- Detective Keith Frazier: Oh, please, do not say proposals... my girlfriend... she wants a proposal from me.
- Dalton Russell: You think you're too young to get married?
- Detective Keith Frazier: No, I'm not too young... too broke. Maybe I should rob a bank.
- Dalton Russell: Do you love each other?
- Detective Keith Frazier: Yeah, yeah, we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I thought about what Odell had said about friends, and it makes sense to me. Odell goes to church every Sunday, so he would know. Later on he challenged me to a game of dominoes, now what'd he go and do that for? We got to talking about Texas and fooled around, and drunk almost a quart of whiskey, and I forgot all about Daphne Monet, DeWitt...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Pvt. Trip: What's the point? Ain't nobody gonna win. It's just gonna go on and on.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: Can't go on forever.
- Pvt. Trip: Yeah, but ain't nobody gonna win, sir.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: Somebody's gonna win.
- Pvt. Trip: Who? I mean, you get to go on back to Boston, big house and all that. What about us? What do we get?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're going to have a racial explosion and that's more dangerous than an atomic explosion. It's going to explode because black people are dissatisfied. They're dissatisfied now not only with the white man, but with these Negroes who have been sitting around here posing as leaders and spokesmen for black people.”
“- General William Devereaux: Are you questioning my patriotism?
- Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: I am questioning your judgment!
- General William Devereaux: I am here serving my president, and quite possibly not in the best interests of our nation. My profession does not allow me to make that kind of distinction.”
“Nigger, don't you ever, in your life, say anything against my mother!”
“- Jack Moony: How can you be sick? You're dead!
- Napoleon Stone: It's psychological. [Moony laughs] What's so funny?
- Jack Moony: A hypochondriac spook.”
“Racial prejudice I can understand, but ghost prejudice? Now that's a whole different concept.”
“- Carroll Oerstadt: You think you know what's coming? You don't have a clue.
- Doug Carlin: I know where you're going. I know you're gonna be away for a long time. I know that.”