Denzel Washington quotes
“- Eli: I was carrying and reading the book everyday, got so caught up in protecting it, I forgot to live by what I'd learnt from it
- Solara: And what's that?
- Eli: To do more for others than you do for yourself.”
“- Frank: There's a good chance the derailer won't work.
- Will: It's called a derailer, for Christ's sake! That's what they do!”
“- Walter Whitney: How much did you pay for this car?
- Roger Porter: 14 dollars and a record player.
- Walter Whitney: You were robbed!”
“I just expect to be treated like you expect to be treated. Come on, what are you so afraid of? Once you try you see there's nothing to fear. We're just as weak and human as you are.”
“You get that hatred out your heart, or you'll end up just another nigga, like your father.”
“- Deb: Did you ever love me?
- Bobby: I really meant to love you.”
“- Alonzo: What's wrong with street justice?
- Jake: Oh, what, so just let the animals wipe themselves out, right?
- Alonzo: God willing. Fuck 'em, and everybody that looks like 'em.”
“Nothing like a little thirty knot crosswind to exercise that ol' sphincter muscle.”
“You can beat or jail me or even kill me, but I am not going to be what you want me to be!”
“- Hugh Lang: You gonna shoot me? Or can I come inside?
- Whip Whitaker: Yeah, come on inside. I'll shoot you inside.”
“Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and the conviction to complete the task you entrusted to me. Thank you for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path, and for keeping me resolute when all around seemed lost.”
“- Jake Shuttlesworth: What are you studying?
- Mary Shuttlesworth: Cells.
- Jake Shuttlesworth: Yeah, me too.”
“- Agent Pryzwarra: It's not your fault she dies.
- Doug Carlin: Well, that's one theory.”
“- Ubu Pearl: I put a curse on you!
- Xavier Quinn: Believe me, I already got a curse on me.”