Denzel Washington quotes
“I don't care what nobody say. I'm the boss. You understand? I'm the boss around here. I do the only saying what counts.”
- Charlie Anderson: Remember, if they ask you anything about your drinking, it's totally acceptable to say "I don't recall".
- Whip Whitaker: Hey, don't tell me how to lie about my drinking, okay? I know how to lie about my drinking. I've been lying about my drinking my whole life.
“You know what normal is to me? I ain't see normal since I was 6 years old. Normal is seeing the police ride up to my house, dragging my 12 year old cousin out and tying him to a pole, shoving a shotgun in his mouth so hard they bust his teeth, then they bust two shotgun shells in his head, knocking it off. That's what normal is to me.”
“We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be given the rights of a human being, to be respected as a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence.”
“Everything you have, you lose.”
“- Nat Serling: Did you want to become a medic?
- Monfriez: Wanted to hump a nurse once, does that count?”
“- Eli: I was carrying and reading the book everyday, got so caught up in protecting it, I forgot to live by what I'd learnt from it
- Solara: And what's that?
- Eli: To do more for others than you do for yourself.”
“- Frank: There's a good chance the derailer won't work.
- Will: It's called a derailer, for Christ's sake! That's what they do!”
“- Walter Whitney: How much did you pay for this car?
- Roger Porter: 14 dollars and a record player.
- Walter Whitney: You were robbed!”
“I just expect to be treated like you expect to be treated. Come on, what are you so afraid of? Once you try you see there's nothing to fear. We're just as weak and human as you are.”
“You get that hatred out your heart, or you'll end up just another nigga, like your father.”
“- Deb: Did you ever love me?
- Bobby: I really meant to love you.”
“- Alonzo: What's wrong with street justice?
- Jake: Oh, what, so just let the animals wipe themselves out, right?
- Alonzo: God willing. Fuck 'em, and everybody that looks like 'em.”
“Nothing like a little thirty knot crosswind to exercise that ol' sphincter muscle.”
“- Hugh Lang: You gonna shoot me? Or can I come inside?
- Whip Whitaker: Yeah, come on inside. I'll shoot you inside.”