Denzel Washington quotes
“Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and the conviction to complete the task you entrusted to me. Thank you for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path, and for keeping me resolute when all around seemed lost.”
“- Jake Shuttlesworth: What are you studying?
- Mary Shuttlesworth: Cells.
- Jake Shuttlesworth: Yeah, me too.”
“- Agent Pryzwarra: It's not your fault she dies.
- Doug Carlin: Well, that's one theory.”
“- Ubu Pearl: I put a curse on you!
- Xavier Quinn: Believe me, I already got a curse on me.”
“Brace yourselves, I think you're about to witness a murder.”
“- Jessup: I don't like coming to funerals of my own men.
- Bobby: Well then don't come. Don't come.”
“Somebody got into our heads with big steel-toe boots, cable cutters and a chainsaw and they went to town. Neurons got exposed and circuits got rewired. Our brain cells got obliterated, Raymond.”
“- General William Devereaux: The time has come for one man to suffer in order to save hundreds of lives.
- Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: One Man? What about two, huh? What about six? How about public executions?”
“- Hugh Lang: I'm trying to save your life!
- Whip Whitaker: What life?”
“This is going to sound real stupid coming from a man in prison. But for the first time in my life, I'm free.”
That was a smirk, that's not a smile. A smirk is different. They both start with "S", but they're not the same.
“We had the best organization a black man's ever had. Niggers ruined it.”
“There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?”
“- John W. Creasy: The gunshot holds no fear, say it.
- Lupita Ramos: The gunshot holds no fear.
- John W. Creasy: You welcome the sound. In fact it's the sound that sets you free. You are a prisoner on this block until that sound sets you free.”