Denzel Washington quotes
You knew him, didn’t you? At least, he knew you. That’s why he did that to your face. You let him in. You thought, “Not my type, but maybe he could be a friend.” I mean, you can’t get enough of them. But then you had that one little feeling. You thought, “What if?” But you waved it away. Thought, “Ah, what the hell? Life’s too short.” And you... (continue)(continue reading)
“Jim Baxter-Things probably changed a lot since you left.
Joe ‘Deke’ Deacon-You still got to catch him, right?
Joe ‘Deke’ Deacon-Not that much has changed then.”
“- Vivian Whitney: Roger, we're having chicken for dinner.
- Roger Porter: I just love chicken, ma'am.
- Vivian Whitney: I know you do.”
“- Susan Plummer: Robert, I’ve been thinking: Maybe you should go back, huh? It’s great, you helping all these random people and everything, but it’s not going to fill that hole in your heart. Go home, huh? Make peace with it. That’s what Vivienne would have wanted.
- Robert McCall: Oh, hey.
- Susan Plummer: Always a gentleman.
- Robert McCall:...” (continue)(continue reading)
What you do, what you become, is not my concern. The world is full of so-called "men" like you, and, in a perfect world, anything we do comes with a price, but, this ain't a perfect world.
“- Detective Richie Roberts: I want to know everyone you've met for the last twenty years. Everyone you sold to. Every cop you ever paid off. Every one who ever stole from you. Every one you remember.
- Frank Lucas: Oh, I remember them all. That's not the problem.
- Detective Richie Roberts: What is?
- Frank Lucas: The jails aren't big enough.”
“- Troy Maxson: It's not easy for me to admit that I've been standing in the same place for eighteen years!
- Rose Maxson: Well, I've been standing with you! I gave eighteen years of my life to stand in the same spot as you!”
- Dave York: Oh. Alright. Well, guess what. There is no sin. No virtue. It’s just shit people do. They trained us to kill people and risk our lives doing it. And then one day, you get a call saying they’re done with you. “Thank you for your service. Here’s a plaque”. You need a job? Good luck. You need medical insurance? See the VA. One day,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Detective Keith Frazier: What do you think he's going to do?
- Madeleiene White: Well, he's not gonna kill anyone.
- Detective Keith Frazier: How do you know?
- Madeleiene White: Because he's not a murderer.
- Detective Keith Frazier: How do you know? I got news for you. Most of the guys up in Sing Sing weren't murderers until they killed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert McCall: I thought you were retired.
- Susan Plummer: Oh, I am. Just like you’re dead.”
“- Sam Rubinstein: How am I today? The same, only worse. Every day I know less.
- Robert McCall: Welcome to the club.”
“- Agent Frank Haddad: I think we're all eager to give our weekends up on this, I know I am... but it just occurs to me, has any one committed a crime here? I mean, assault with a deadly color...?
- Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: Here's what I don't like: they know explosives. They know our response time. They put in a call and walk.”
“See you in my dreams.”
“- Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: His father's a federal agent for ten years.
- Colonel Hardwick, Army Intelligence: Don't get in my face, Hubbard. I might decide you're an Ethiopian.
- Anthony 'Hub' Hubbard: And you're just stupid enough to think that's an insult.”
“- Troy Maxson: Now you tell me who you ever heard of gonna pull their own teeth with a pair of rusty pliers?
- Jim Bono: They're old folks. My granddaddy used to pull his teeth with pliers. They ain't had no dentists for colored folk back then.
- Troy Maxson: Well, get clean pliers. You understand? Clean pliers.”