Denzel Washington quotes
“I'm not gonna talk to you tonight about winnin' and losin'. You're already winners 'cause you didn't kill each other up at camp.”
“- Tobin Frost: Do I make you nervous?
- Alec Wade: Always.
- Tobin Frost: Good.”
“- Coach Herman Boone: What about you? You going to college?
- Louie Lastik: [laughs] No, not me coach. I ain't a brainiac like Rev.
- Coach Herman Boone: Think you got a future in football?
- Louie Lastik: Heck no! I figured as long I'm going to be in school, I might as well hit some people while I'm at it.”
“- Coach Paul 'Doc' Hines: You have twelve brothers and sisters?
- Coach Herman Boone: Eight.
- Coach Paul 'Doc' Hines: Yeah, twelve sounds better.”
“- Nick Styles: Jesus Christ.
- Earl Talbot Blake: Almost.”
“Acting is just a way of making a living, the family is life.”
“I'm innocent. I've committed no crime. A crime's been committed against me.”
“If that's how you treat your friends, Blake, I'm glad we're enemies.”
“You go to the city to work or shop, and you see their streets, their cars, their houses, and you begin to feel there is something not quite right about yourself. About your humanity. Something to do with your blackness because no matter how smart or dumb a white child is he is born to that world. And you, a black child, smart or dumb you are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is no democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am the law.”
“You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two-year-old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection!”
“We don't know if it's obvious that God is white. The honorable Elijah Muhammed teaches us that Jesus did not have blond hair and blue eyes. The honorable Elijah Muhammed teaches us that the images of Jesus that are on prison walls and churches throughout the world are not historically correct, because history teaches us that Jesus was born in a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Blue Stanton: We need a water break.
- Coach Herman Boone: A water break? Water is for cowards. Water makes you weak. Water is for washing blood off that uniform and you don't get no blood on my uniform, boy you must be outside your mind! We are going to do up-downs, until Blue is no longer tired, and thirsty.”
“You are not an American, you are the victim of America!”
“You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly.”
“- Bookstore owner: You're the D&A !
- Nick Styles: Wrong! They fired me. As a private citizen I can kick anybody's ass I want to.”
“- Nick Styles: You killed Farris, didn't you?
- Earl Talbot Blake: You killed my life.
- Nick Styles: So, now we're even, is that it?
- Earl Talbot Blake: We're not even close.”
“The newspapers was goin' on and on about the city elections, like they was really gonna change somebody's life. But my life had already changed when I lost my job three weeks before.”
“Joe ‘Deke’ Deacon-Where are you from? Originally.
Jim Baxter-The Valley. Where are you from? Originally.
Joe ‘Deke’ Deacon-Mississippi Valley. Alabama, Birmingham.
Jim Baxter-Well, here’s to being from somewhere.”