Philip Anthony Hopkins quotes
“- Mina Murray: How did Lucy die? Was she in great pain?
- Professor Abraham Van Helsing: Yeah, she was in great pain! Then we cut off her head, and drove a stake through her heart, and burned it, and then she found peace.”
- Ted Crawford: You know, my grandfather was an egg farmer.
- Willy Beachum: This isn't going to be about your, uh, "rough childhood," is it?
“- John Quincy Adams: Now, you understand you're going to the Supreme Court. Do you know why?
- Cinque: It is the place where they finally kill us.”
“- Lieutenant William Bligh: My dear God. I had hoped to avoid this.
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Avoid what, sir?
- Lieutenant William Bligh: Damn it all, man. I'm expected to sleep with her. She's one of King Tynah's wives. A gift from one chief to another, as it were. Now look, five minutes after I go below you must call me up on some...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Reporter #1: Dr. Kellogg, how did you come to invent the corn flake?
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg: The corn flake, sir, is just one of my 75 creations for heathy livin', among them peanut butter and the electric blanket.”
“He that wounded her hath hurt me more than had he killed me dead.”
“- Jake Hayes: Even if they don't shoot you, they take your life.
- Officer Oaks: I know it sounds hokey, but I honestly believe that our work is about something bigger than ourselves. We're offering you the chance to become part of that, find a purpose.
- Jake Hayes: You ain't offering me nothing but a chance to get a bullet in my ass. I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jake Hayes: Is this shit dangerous?
- Officer Oaks: Yes there's some risk.
- Jake Hayes: What kind of risk, you talkin' bank credit risk, or bullet-in-ass risk?”
“Am I a good man? Or a bad man? That's all...”
“- Richard M. Nixon: This is about me. Why can't you understand that, you of all people? It's not the war - It's Nixon! They want to destroy Nixon! And if I expose myself even the slightest bit they'll tear my insides out. Do you want that? Do you want to see that, buddy? It's not pretty.
- Pat Nixon: Sometimes I think that's what you want.”
“Beware, all men are potential murderers. And for good reason.”
“- Ted Crawford: My dick has evidence.
- Judge Robinson: Excuse me?
- Ted Crawford: My dick... my private investigator. I call him Dick.”
“- Willy Beachum: I'm not going to play any games with you.
- Ted Crawford: I'm afraid you have to old sport.”
“Never feel sorry for a man who owns a plane.”
“- Alejandro Murrieta: I miss my brother, sir.
- Don Diego de la Vega: Your brother is dead. We lose the ones we love, we cannot change it. Put it aside.
- Alejandro Murrieta: How? How can I do what is needed, when all I feel is... hate.
- Don Diego de la Vega: [holds up black mask] You hide it, with this.”
“- Margaret Schlegel: I deny it's madness.
- Henry Wilcox: But you said yourself...
- Margaret Schlegel: It's madness when I say it, but not when you say it.”
“What one man can do, another can do.”
“- Alfred: I don't know what to say. Tristan's always been wild. You love him for that.
- Susannah: Do I? Yeah, I suppose I do.
- Alfred: Susannah, he does love you.
- Colonel Ludlow: Alfred! She's to be your brother's wife.
- Alfred: Yes, though you might better remind him of that.
- Colonel Ludlow: He's not here to defend himself.
- Alfred: No,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Don Diego de la Vega: Do you know how to use that thing?
- Alejandro Murrieta: Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man.
- Don Diego de la Vega: [sighs] This is going to take a lot of work.”
“- Hannibal Lecter: Given the chance, you would deny me my life, wouldn't you?
- Clarice Starling: Not your life.
- Hannibal Lecter: Just my freedom.”