Philip Anthony Hopkins quotes
“Peggy Ann Snow, Peggy Ann Snow, please let me follow wherever you go.”
“- Alejandro Murrieta: I've never lost a fight.
- Don Diego de la Vega: Except to a crippled old man just now.”
“- Officer Oakes: Where are you?
- Jake Hayes: At the corner of eat shit and fuck you.”
“I miss making love to the people. I miss entering a room. I miss the pure acting of it, John. I gotta get back in the arena.”
“- Young Student: You can't stop it, can you? Even if you wanted to. Because it's not you, it's the system. The system won't let you stop it.
- Richard M. Nixon: There's... there's more at stake here than what you want, or what I want.
- Young Student: Then what's the point? What's the point of being President? You're powerless!”
“You know what I am doing, Miss Kenton? I am placing my thoughts elsewhere while you chatter away.”
“- Clarice Starling: Most serial killers keep some sort of trophies from their victims.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: I didn't.
- Clarice Starling: No. No, you ate yours.”
“- Marcus Andronicus: Oh brother, speak with possibility and do not break into these deep extremes.
- Titus Andronicus: Are not my sorrows deep, having no bottom? Then be my passions bottomless with them.
- Marcus Andronicus: But yet let reason govern thy lament.
- Titus Andronicus: If there were reason for these miseries, then into limits could...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles Morse: So what do you value me for, Bob?
- Robert Green: I like your style, your wife's pretty cute too.
- Charles Morse: So how are you planning to kill me?”
“I want you to know how much I love you, that you've given a meaning to my life that I had no right to expect, that no one can ever take from me.”
“You will not persuade me with appeals to my intellectual vanity.”
“- Harry: I know how hard you've been praying; and now God is answering your prayers.
- Jack Lewis: That's not why I pray, Harry. I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me.”
“My own stools, Sir, are gigantic and have no more odor than a hot biscuit.”
“- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Ah. That is the Duomo seen from the Belvedere. Do you know Florence?
- Clarice Starling: All that detail just from memory, sir?
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Memory, Agent Starling, is what I have instead of a view.”
“I want you to get swept away out there. I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish.”
“I'd like to say that going to bed with you is maybe the best three things that ever happened to me. And I'd love some coffee. And I adore you. And I take it with cream and sugar. And your breasts belong in the Louvre, which is a museum in Paris that I plan on visiting with you once you get wise and decide to leave the old ear-blower.”
“We're all put to the test, but it never comes in the form or at the point we would prefer, does it?”