Philip Anthony Hopkins quotes
“- John Merrick: Would you care to see my mother?
- Frederick Treves: Your mother? Yes please. Oh but she's... Mr. Merrick, she's beautiful!
- John Merrick: Oh, she had the face of an angel!”
“- Reporter #1: Sir, how often should one evacuate one's bowels?
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg: One should never, ever, interrupt one's desire to defecate. I have inquired at the Bronx and London Zoos as to the daily bowel evacuations of primates. It is not once, twice, or three times, sir, but four. At the end of an average day, their cages are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles Morse: Why is the rabbit unafraid?
- Styles: Because he's smarter than the panther.”
“The Royal Navy is not a humorous institution, sir, and insubordination is no laughing matter.”
“Mason Verger doesn't want to kill me any more than I want to kill him. He just wants to see me suffer in some unimaginable way.”
“- David Nelson: Mr. Bligh, when my spirit is gone there will be nothing but flesh remaining. I beg you, use that poor flesh to save the others.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: No, no, Mr. Nelson. We're civilised men, not savages. And as civilised men we shall die. Have no fear.”
“- Professor Abraham Van Helsing: Mr. Morris, your bullets will not harm him. He must be beheaded. I suggest you use your big Bowie knife.
- Quincey P. Morris: Well, I wasn't plannin' on getting that close, Doc.”
“Only when you've been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is on top of the highest mountain.”
“- Richard M. Nixon: We let you down, didn't we? Your people.
- Manolo Sanchez: That was Mr. Kennedy, sir.
- Richard M. Nixon: You don't think he was a hero?
- Manolo Sanchez: He was a politican.”
“We have only one thing to give up. Our dominion. We don't own the world. We're not kings yet. Not gods. Can we give that up? Too precious, all that control? Too tempting, being a god?”
Because of the extensive area covered by papillomatus growths, the patient has been called "The Elephant Man".
“I bet if I was President they wouldn't have killed me.”
“When I saw Bobby lying there on the floor, arms stretched out, his eyes staring... I knew then I'd be President. His death paved the way, didn't it? Vietnam, the Kennedys, cleared a path through the wilderness just for me. Over the bodies. Four bodies.”
“I love you, Joy. I love you so much. You made me so happy. I didn't know I could be so happy.”
“- George Hayden: That's bullshit, and you know it.
- Charlie Chaplin: But the truth is so boring, George!”
“- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Don't put Adams under the lash.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: He was insubordinate, cowardly and insubordinate, he frightened the men, I did not put that fear there, he did. So he will be lashed and we will go around the Horn. Are you frightened to go around the Horn, Mr. Christian? Are you a coward too, sir?”
“- Richard M. Nixon: There are worse things than death.
- Richard Helms: Yes?
- Richard M. Nixon: There's such a thing as evil.”
“- William Parrish: It's hard to let go, isn't it?
- Joe Black: Yes it is, Bill.
- William Parrish: And that's life... what can I tell you?”
“I hope never to see Fletcher Christian again. Unless it is to see him hanged.”
“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”