Ralph Fiennes quotes
“I'm not just saying goodbye to you. I'm also saying goodbye to myself. I stood by and watching my father be... tortured and executed, and I did nothing. Then I watched them do the same thing to you, and I did nothing. I make a promisehere at your graveside, to do everything to punish those who have turned ideals into crimes.”
“- Marisa Ventura: The first time you saw me, I was cleaning your bathroom floor! Only you didn't see me.
- Christopher Marshall: What was I supposed to do, introduce myself while I'm taking a leak?”
“- Justin Quayle: Your life is your own. That was always our agreement.
- Tessa Quayle: No, no, no. The agreement was, that my work was going to be my own. That's what makes me who I am.”
“I helped her. And I promised her I'd always just be there, to protect her. See, it's not about what's in her head, it's what's in mine. I can't let go the promise. It's like it's all I have left.”
“- Contractor Team Leader: We have a flat tire. Can you help us?
- Staff Sergeant William James: Sure, yeah. You got any spares?
- Contractor Team Leader: Well, we have spares, but we used up our wrench.
- Staff Sergeant William James: How do you use up a wrench?
- Contractor Team Leader: Well, the, uh... the guy over there with the red thing on...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles Van Doren: Last week alone, I had 11 proposals of marriage!
- Mark Van Doren: Perhaps you should accept one of them.
- Dorothy Van Doren: And to think, they unleash you on those impressionable young minds.
- Mark Van Doren: Well, why not? He's 33 years old, Jesus Christ had a girlfriend at 33 years old.
- Dorothy Van Doren: Look how...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am not a man. I began as one, but now I am becoming more than a man, as you will witness.”
“- Stephanie Kehoe: Weren't you saying how you wanted to stretch your legs?
- Christopher Marshall: Well, if your husband wouldn't mind...
- Ty Ventura: She doesn't have a husband.
- Marisa Ventura: I don't have a husband.
- Christopher Marshall: Well, I insist, then. Come with us, if you're free.”
“When I met Faith, she was just another runaway, giving twenty dollar blowjobs to buy crack. Just another lost soul. But she had this voice... it was scary, like she could take all the hurt and rage of the entire world and lift it up to Heaven in one voice.”
“- Oskar Schindler: Look, all you have to do is tell me what it's worth to you. What's a person worth to you?
- Amon Goeth: No, no, no, No. What's one worth to you!”
“After the monarchy and fascist rule, the communist regime also went up in smoke. I remembered the recipe book that we had lost and suddenly realized that the family secret was not to be found on its pages. It was preserved by my grandmother. The only one in our family who had the gift of breathing freely.”
“- Oskar Schindler: That's what the Emperor said. A man steals something, he's brought in before the Emperor, he throws himself down on the ground. He begs for his life, he knows he's going to die. And the Emperor... pardons him. This worthless man, he lets him go.
- Amon Goeth: I think you are drunk.
- Oskar Schindler: That's power, Amon. That...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We bet that there is a God.”
“- Christopher Marshall: I don't think you're leaving. I think you're running. And what I can't figure out is, are you running towards something you want? Or are you running away from something you're afraid to want?
- Marisa Ventura: Look, I've made so many mistakes already. I just don't want to make it worse.”
“Why are people always so happy when they collide with someone from the same place? What happened in Montreal when you passed a man in the street? Did you invite him to live with you?”
“- Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me.
- John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.”
“- Katharine Clifton: I'm impressed you can sew.
- Almásy: Good.
- Katharine Clifton: You sew very badly.
- Almásy: You don't sew at all.
- Katharine Clifton: A woman should never learn to sew, and if she can she shouldn't admit to it.”
“- Lenny: I didn't know you were color blind, Max.
- Max: It was the only way I could stand your ties.”
“- Palmer Strickland: Nero.
- Lenny Nero: Strickland.
- Palmer Strickland: Commissioner Strickland!
- Lenny Nero: See, since you shit-canned my career, I don't even have to call you sir. One of life's small pleasures.”
“- Marisa Ventura: There was a part of me that wanted to know what it felt like, to have someone like you look at me the way you did just once. And I'm sorry. Truly. If I could rewind the past week, I would.
- Christopher Marshall: Was any of it real?
- Marisa Ventura: Yeah, it was real. It was so real I wondered how I was ever gunna give you up....” (continue)(continue reading)