Army quotes255 army quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My father said the army makes all men one, but you never know which one. He didn't know Roland Bozz.”
“- Lt. Jeff Knight: What's it like?
- Sgt. Michael McNamara: What's it like? You go out on patrol, and you kill a few of them. Then they kill a few of yours. Then you go back to base. Eat. Sleep. Next day, same thing. Before you know it, you're either dead, or you're going home. It's good.”
“- Fremen: You will never rid this planet of the Harkonnens with guerilla raids, boy.
- Paul: That is why I am asking you for a hundred of your young men. I wish to teach them the weirding way. So those hundred can come back to you and teach hundreds more. And those hundreds will teach hundreds more. Hundreds will become thousands.”
“- Buster Stupid: What if we formed our own army?
- Petunia Stupid: Then we'd have to form our own country.
- Joan Stupid: We could call it Stupidia.”
“- Phil Davis: We wouldn't be any good as generals.
- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: You weren't any good as privates.”
“Better one unreported and unvindicated rape than to shake the foundations of West Point... to cast suspicion on a thousand soldiers who did not gang-rape a woman that night. All you have to do is convince your daughter that she, the academy, the Army, and the cause of equality would be best served if she just forgot about the whole thing. These...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annabelle Lee: Why didn't you enlist?
- Johnnie Gray: They wouldn't take me.
- Annabelle Lee: Please don't lie, I don't want you to speak to me again until you are in uniform.”
“You were born into a family. You do not join them like you do the Marines.”
“There's not much makeup in the army, is there? They only have that nighttime look, and that's a bit slapdash, isn't it?”
“Look at those we've conquered. They leave their dead unburied, they smash their enemies skulls and drink them as dust, they mate in public! How can they think, or sing, or write when none can read? But as Alexander's army they could go where they never thought possible. They can soldier, or work in the cities.”
“- Cole: How long have you been in the Navy?
- Jake Huard: Sir, I've been in the Navy all my bloomin' life, sir. My mother was a mermaid, my father was King Neptune. Every bone in my body is a spar. And when I spits, I spits tar. I's hard. I is, I am, I are.”
“- Mrs. Kendoo: Hello William.
- William Williams: Hi Mrs.Kendoo, is Sally there?
- Mrs. Kendoo: No she's in New York with agents.
- William Williams: Tell her I joined the army, I miss her and I got her face tattooed on my arm.”
“I expect to lose half of you before I'm finished. I will use every means necessary, fair and unfair, to trip you up, to expose your weaknesses as a potential aviator.”
“- Capt. Bob Hyde: I've waited a long time for an opportunity like this.
- Capt Hyde's Friend: You're going to make Major.
- Sally Hyde: Major?
- Capt. Bob Hyde: Major.”
“You and I, we're in separate armies, pal - but you're out in the light now, and I'm gonna see you get stepped on!”