Army quotes255 army quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Colonel Reed: Yeah. How many bombs have you disarmed?
- Staff Sergeant William James: Uh, I'm... I'm not quite sure.
- Colonel Reed: Sergeant?
- Staff Sergeant William James: Yes, sir.
- Colonel Reed: I asked you a question.
- Staff Sergeant William James: Eight hundred seventy-three, sir.”
“I've been ordered to take you men with me, I'm told that if you don't come I can shoot you. Well, you know I won't do that. Maybe somebody else will, but I won't, so that's that. Here's the situation, the Whole Reb army is up that road aways waiting for us, so this is no time for an argument like this, I tell you. We could surely use you fellas,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Bones Conway: "It’s not a job, it's an adventure”.
- Richard Day, Recruiting Sergeant: No, that's the Navy.
- Bones Conway: "The few and the proud”?
- Richard Day, Recruiting Sergeant: No, that's the Marines.
- Bones Conway: "Keep going, going and gone”?
- Jack Kaufman: No, that's the Energizer Bunny.
- Richard Day, Recruiting Sergeant:... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maj. John Reisman: You hit a lieutenant in the back of the head at 220 yards. That's a nice shot.
- Arlen Dregors: The Army didn't think so.
- Maj. John Reisman: But they're prejudiced. I'm not.”
“- Hunter: Thank you, COB.
- Cob: Thank you? Fuck you! Get it straight Mr Hunter, I'm not on your side. Now you could be wrong! But wrong or right, the Captain can't just replace you at will. That was completely improper! And that's why I did what I did. By the book.
- Hunter: I thank you anyway.”
“- Louis Gendick: These bullies are called Japs and Nazis.
- Danny Lyons: You mean the army.
- Louis Gendick: That won't be running away, Danny. That's real fighting.”
“- Simms: Why are we following this dumb bastard?
- Stuckey: Because he's got stripes.”
“- Timothy Pickering: Why on Earth would you disband the army when we are preparing for war?
- John Adams: Why on Earth do we need an army when we are preparing for peace?”
“Whether you fight or not, that's up to you, whether you come along is... well, you're coming. You know who we are and what we are doing here, but if you are going to fight alongside us there are a few things I want you to know. This regiment was formed last summer, in Maine. There were a thousand of us then, there are less than 300 of us now....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I regard the crime of desertion as a sin against the army of the Lord. Duty is ours, the consequences are God's.”
“- Sgt. Major Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
- Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.”
“- Archie Gates: My guess is he's divided these bricks into several different stashes. Just one of these stashes will be easy to take from Saddam's deserting army, and that will be enough to get us out of our day jobs. Unless, of course, you reservists are in love with your day jobs.
- Conrad Vig: I don't really have a day job, sir.”
- Sgt. Toomey: I'm tellin' you, we don't have any "bathrooms" on this base. Do you doubt my veracity?
- Arnold B. Epstein: No, sergeant.
- Sgt. Toomey: Then you've got a problem, don't you Epstein?
- Arnold B. Epstein: Ho ho.
- Sgt. Toomey: You bet your ass “ho ho”. You know why you've got a problem?
- Arnold B. Epstein: Because I've got to go... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?
- Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!
- Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump.”
“- Ray Elwood: I'm a natural enemy of guys like your dad, mostly because I don't give a shit about the army.
- Robyn Lee: If you don't give a shit, why'd you join?
- Ray Elwood: I didn't exactly have much of a say in the matter. I got caught stealing a car and the judge gave me a choice, either 6 months in prison or 3 years in the army. So I made...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Remember, General... public officials that go down... go down very, very fast.”
“- Brian Flagg: Listen to me, Briggs, think for a minute, do you suppose an army of guys in plastic suits show up every time a meteor falls?
- Dr. Meddows: Shoot him, that's a direct order!
- Brian Flagg: How do you think they got here so fast? How did they even know when to come?
- Dr. Meddows: Shoot dammit shoot!”
“Cetshwayo's Zulu army to disband and the warriors permitted to return to their homes.”