Compliments quotes239 compliments quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Billie Dawn: I've been thinking a lot lately about something my dad used to say: "Without knowledge, you're less than everybody". And I don't want to be less. I don't want to be better than anybody neither and I don't want to go above myself. I just want to not be less.
- Paul Verrall: I'm afraid it's too late for that... 'cause you're already... (continue)(continue reading)
“I'd like to say that going to bed with you is maybe the best three things that ever happened to me. And I'd love some coffee. And I adore you. And I take it with cream and sugar. And your breasts belong in the Louvre, which is a museum in Paris that I plan on visiting with you once you get wise and decide to leave the old ear-blower.”
“- Shannon Christie: Joseph?
- Joseph Donnelly: What?
- Shannon Christie: Am I beautiful at all?
- Joseph Donnelly: I've never seen anything like you in all of my living life.
- Shannon Christie: Good!”
“One does not applaud the tenor for clearing his throat.”
“- Nick Arden: The moment I saw you I knew...
- Ellen Wagstaff Arden: I bet you say that to all your wives.”
“My dear, you are the moon flower of my middle age.”
“- Geneva Spofford: I'm not talking of men of genius, I'm talking about you.
- Gowan McGland: Thank you.
- Geneva Spofford: By promiscuous pursuit you make women look promiscuous and that's unworthy of pursuit.”
“- Pola Ivanova: Long time no see, James! You haven't changed a bit!
- James Bond: Well, you have. You're even lovelier.”
“Love to. Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything, love to.”
“- Major Buxton: Do you mean to tell me that you did it to save lives?
- Alvin: Yes sir, that was why.
- Major Buxton: What you've just told me is the most extraordinary thing of all!”
- Isabelle Grossman: What I love most about your writing...
- Anton Maes: Yes, yes, yes, yes?
- Isabelle Grossman: Is it's deceptive accessibility. It reads like "Pulp Fiction"... and then you... hear music.
- Anton Maes: Will you tell me that when I call you with an anxiety attack at 4 in the morning?
“- Mark Darcy: Hello?
- Bridget Jones: It's me. Just wondered how you are.
- Mark Darcy: I'm fine thanks. Everything alright with you?
- Bridget Jones: Fine, though, I've just had a rather graphic shag flashback. You do have a genuinely gorgeous bottom.
- Mark Darcy: Right, well, thank you. I'm actually with the Mexican Ambassador just at the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A raise says like you're good, you know? You know how many times someone told me I was good in my life? Two! Twice! Two fuckin' times! This raise today, and dancing at the disco!”
“- Jack Clayton: Tonight, you were especially good.
- Tira: Well, when I'm good, I'm very good. But, when I'm bad... I'm better!”
“You're awfully pretty when you smile, Miss Betty O'Shale.”
“- Toby Roebuck: Oh, you're a man among men, Sully.
- Sully: Well, thanks.
- Toby Roebuck: That wasn't a compliment!”
“- Johnnie Aysgarth: Don't do that.
- Lina McLaidlaw Aysgarth: Why not?
- Johnnie Aysgarth: Because your ucipital mapilary is quite beautiful.”
“- Charles: You're prettier than she is.
- Laura: Now I'm prettier than a porno star. Would you stop it?
- Charles: Stop what?
- Laura: We go to movies and you say I look better than the movie stars. We go to the best restaurant in town and you say I'm a better cook than the chef. You have this exulted view of me and I hate it. If you think I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major Kirby: That's why we say a girl like you is attractive.
- Susan Applegate: Am I?
- Major Kirby: Yes. You have very nice eyes and good straight legs and theirs a sort of glow to your hair.”
“Is that your real hair or did you scalp an angel?”
“- Harry Goldfarb: I always thought you were the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
- Marion Silver: Really?
- Harry Goldfarb: Ever since I first saw you.
- Marion Silver: That's nice Harry. That makes me feel really good. You know other people have told me that before and it was meaningless.
- Harry Goldfarb: Why? Because you thought they...” (continue)(continue reading)