Empathy quotes113 empathy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Craig Schwartz: There's a tiny door in my office, Maxine. It's a portal and it takes you inside John Malkovich. You see the world through John Malkovich's eyes... and then after about 15 minutes, you're spit out... into a ditch on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Maxine Lund: Sounds great! Who the fuck is John Malkovich?
- Craig Schwartz...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Malkovich: I have seen a world that no man should see!
- Craig Schwartz: Really? Because for most people it's a rather enjoyable experience.”
“- Sethe: You wanna feel something? Feel what it feel like to be a colored woman, roaming the roads, and anything God made liable to jump on you. Feel that!
- Paul D: I know every bit of that, Sethe. I wasn't born yesterday, and I never mistreated a woman in my life.
- Sethe: Well, that makes one of you in this world.”
“You might not understand but when you're older there are people you're gonna meet who make you feel like connected. Like your heart is made of neon and when you find them you have to be with them.”
“It's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves.”
“- Marcia Brady: I'm so happy for you, Jan.
- Jan Brady: Really, Marcia?
- Marcia Brady: No.”
“It knows my fears, it knows my secrets! Gets inside your head and... it shows you!”
“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
“- Mr. Potter: Have you put any real pressure on these people of yours to pay those mortgages?
- Pa Bailey: Times are bad, Mr. Potter. A lot of these people are out of work.
- Mr. Potter: Well, then, foreclose.
- Pa Bailey: I can't do that. These families have children.
- Mr. Potter: They're not my children.”
“- Agent Barker: We feel your pain, Gonzo.
- Gonzo: They feel my pain!
- Rizzo the Rat: I've got a paper-cut that's a doozy. You feel my pain too?”
“- Angela Hayes: How are you?
- Lester Burnham: God, it's been a long time since anybody asked me that... I'm great.
- Angela Hayes: I've gotta go to the bathroom.
- Lester Burnham: ... I'm great.”
“As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.”
“What is the matter with your eyes? Why can I not see myself, in your eyes?”
“I know I'm not like other people, I know I can't... feel sympathy for other people. But I'm still human.”
“Love is like a flame, it burns and is visible to all.”
“How does a lunatic like you help a guy like me?”
“- Dr. Alex Cross: Kate, I know how you feel, honestly.
- Dr. Kate McTiernan: Would you please stop treating me like I'm a victim? You think I'm some kind of tourist in all this because I wasn't raped? Every night when I go to sleep, I hear those women's voices. You want to save your niece? Guess what: so do I.”