Diane Keaton quotes
“- Julian Mercer: I knew you'd smell good.
- Erica Barry: It's just... soap.”
“- Elizabeth: When you think you are in love your eyes are closed to all logic and reason. It's not the time to make a big decision.
- Carla: No but my eyes are not closed mother...
- Elizabeth: Shh dear Carla we can have this discussion without you getting upset in front of everybody, Carla...
- Carla: [shouting] My eyes are not closed mother!”
“- Carol Lipton: Larry, I think it's time we reevaluated our lives.
- Larry Lipton: I've reevaluated our lives; I got a 10, you got a 6.”
“- Isaac: I got a kid, he's being raised by two women at the moment.
- Mary: I mean I think that works. They made some studies, I read in one of the psychoanalytic quarterlies. You don't need a male, I mean. Two mothers are absolutely fine.
- Isaac: Really? Because I always feel very few people survive one mother.”
“- Delivery Boy: One cold mist humidifier, one electric steam vaporizer, one baby thermometer, one baby Tylenol, baby nose drops, baby cough medicine and... bottle of Valium?
- J.C. Wiatt: Oh, yeah, uh... that's for me.”
“- Daphne Wilder: Cooper is in heat.
- Maggie: Mom, Cooper is a boy.”
“It's like riding a bicycle... upside down.”
“- Beth: I'm not talking about doctors, I'm talking about you.
- Joseph: Have I ever put my work before you or the girls? Ok, sometimes. When I'm doing surgery on someone's spine to relieve them of a life of pain, I have put my work first! The girls always understood and they never complained.
- Beth: Were we living in the same house?”
“You know more about your patients than you do about your own family.”
“- Joseph: We haven't lost a person. We lost a dog.
- Beth: Love is love. It doesn't matter if it's a dog.”
“There is nothing in the world to get uptight about. We are two summa cum laudes. We can handle one little baby for eight hours.”
“God couldn't be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers.”
“- Nina Brewster: I don't want things I can't have.
- Bridget Cardigan: Do you live in America?”
“- Hank: There's this one dude on my floor, held a razor blade under his tongue for like 5 hours. He talked to the orderlies, he ate, everything.
- Bessie: Well, why on earth did he do that?
- Hank: He was trying to break my record.”
“- Harry Sanborn: I don't like thinking about you all the time and worrying about how you are. Sometimes worrying about you feels like a full-time job.
- Erica Barry: Well I'm doing just fine, so you don't have to work that shift anymore!”
“- Mary: Isn't it beautiful out?
- Isaac: Yeah, it's really so pretty when the light starts to come up.
- Mary: Yeah, I know. I love it.
- Isaac: Boy, this is really a great city, I don't care what anybody s-s - it's really a knock-out, you know?”
“I can't seem to shake the real implication of dying. It's terrifying. The intimacy of it embarrasses me.”
“- Harry Sanborn: Soft lips.
- Erica Barry: I'm so glad they still work. I haven't used them for kissing in such a long time, more like for wearing lipstick... and whistling.”
“- Ben Stone: So, uh, where's dad?
- Sybil Stone: He ran away. Joined the circus.
- Everett Stone: Better circus.
- Patrick Thomas: Yeah. Less clowns.”