Jake Gyllenhaal quotes
“- Roy Lee: I got about as much chance of winning that science fair as you do winning a football scholarship. I know I'm gonna be a miner. I've known my entire life. What the hell's so bad about mining coal anyway?
- Homer: Nothing Roy Lee. It's great. That's why your stepdaddy is the biggest drunk in West Virginia! I mean, come on guys! You know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Lilian Thurman: The search for God is absurd?
- Donnie Darko: It is if everyone dies alone.
- Dr. Lilian Thurman: Does that scare you?
- Donnie Darko: I don't want to be alone.”
“Dear Bertie, You asked me before where I went. And I want to tell you. I went to a place where nothing's right, where every moment's backwards, every sky's without colour, without hope. I tried to come back, Bertie. But I got lost. And while I was gone, I met you. And I didn't even have the courage to realize I was home. A wise friend of mine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating Twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know, it takes a little, little while to find that out.”
“- Donnie Darko: Why should I mourn for a rabbit like it was human?
- Karen Pommeroy: Are you saying that the death of one species is less tragic than another?
- Donnie Darko: The rabbit is not like us. It has no history books, no photographs, no knowledge of sorrow or regret. I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit, who never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brian Taylor: Touch me and I will fucking shoot you. Stay where you are.
- Mr. Tre: I don't give a fuck about both you motherfuckers. I'm ready to die today. Fuck ya'll.
- Brian Taylor: This can go one of several ways right now. It is all about your attitude.”
“- Lou Bloom: Bloody?
- Nina Romina: The best and clearest way that I can phrase it for you, is think of our news cast as a screaming woman running down the street with her throat cut.”
“- Detective Fronteiri: You filmed him dying.
- Lou Bloom: That's my job, that's what I do, I'd like to think if you're seeing me you're having the worst day of your life.”
“I am the police, and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may even disagree with the law but I will enforce it. No matter how you plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathies, nothing you do will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with gray bars. If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Do you know what fear stands for? False evidence appearing real.”
- Paul Avery: What's your angle, here? This is good business for everyone but you.
- Robert Graysmith: What do you mean, "angle"?.
“Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me, and I them. We stand watch together. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Any soldier I've ever served with would say that one death is service enough.”
“Masturbation. Rereading of letters from unfaithfulwives and girlfriends. Cleaning your rifle. Further masturbation. Rewiring Walkman. Arguing about religion and meaning of life. Discussing in detail, every woman the Marine has ever fucked. Debating differences, such as left- vs. right-handed masturbation. Further cleaning of rifle. Studying of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Colter Stevens: Christina, what would you do if you knew you had less than one minute to live?
- Christina Warren: I'd make those seconds count.”
“- Jack Twist: The Pentecost... I don't... I don't know what the Pentecost is. I guess it means the world ends and guys like you and me march off to hell.
- Ennis Del Mar: Speak for yourself. You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity.”
“- Mike Mulcahey: Joe, we are brothers. I'm younger than you are. I'm a man of your time. What do we brother's lack...?
- Joe Nast: So... uh, so many things...?
- Mike Mulcahey: One thing!... one... time!”
“We call this friendly fire, friendly fucking, or getting friendly fucked.”